Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 27 Sep 2008 , 7:06am by cakequeen50

Charmaine49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmaine49 Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:03am
post #91 of 108

sleep well, janelwaters, it is 10am here, so I am on the go for a few hours already..........

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:45am
post #92 of 108

Anybody on board for FNCC 09/26?

I do hope Leah is on tonight - I have an SPS question for her!!

Let's go cakers!!!icon_smile.gif

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #93 of 108

Hi all! Good to know I'm not alone tonight. Working on a Bob Marley guitar for dd's bf.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:52am
post #94 of 108

I'm here for a few minutes. waiting on some cakes to come out of the oven.

How's everyone? Bob marley? Can't wait to see pics of that one! Sounds great!

Mommagaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommagaz Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:54am
post #95 of 108

Hey guys whats up? im up doing nothing enjoying not having a cake to make tonight.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:55am
post #96 of 108

I'm here icon_smile.gif I have three cakes to make but I got stuck watching the debate. Now I'm ready for sleep. I'm going down.... quickly.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:58am
post #97 of 108

Hola all! It's gonna be a long night here! Already messing up so decided to take 5. Making two cakes tonight, a Texas Longhorns topsy turvy and a sheet cake layer cake. Should be fun! See everyone in a bit!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 2:59am
post #98 of 108

Hi, new to the cake club thing, but I just finished some flowers for a cake next week. Still have more to do, but going to hold off till tomorrow. I wish you all the best for those of you who have so much to do. I don't know how you good people do it all!

Have a fabulous evening!
Karen icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:02am
post #99 of 108

I'm here but if you don't mind, let's start a new thread just for tonight. This one's already got 7 pages. OK?

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:12am
post #100 of 108

I have a 2 tier cake and a 10in coconut cake tonight. All i have baked is the 2 10in layers and a couple more are in the oven. I havent even started my bow loops or stars for the 2 tier and I have to have 3 kids plus myslef ready at 9am for soccer icon_cry.gif

Mommagaz Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #101 of 108

I so want to see pictures of the longhorns topssy turvy cake diamondsonblackvelvet13. My sons birthday is in 3 weeks and he loves longhorns.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:33am
post #102 of 108

i am getting ready for a bridal show next month... so my and the hubby ... started making three more cakes... well two new ones and one redo ...

we took apart my monkey cake and redid the whole thing... and changed everything... i am so surprised to see how my talents have changed...

i also did the fondont on an indian inspired cake... i have a throw that my moms friend brought me from india, so i designed a cake around it, bc i love the cake...

so now i have to finish the mendhi-inspired designs on that cake... and start on a black and white wedding cake... luckily we did not have any cakes this week... just cupcakes and a tasting...

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:39am
post #103 of 108

I just found this forum post. Hope I am not too late to join in. No cakes to do this week since I only do for family & friends. I do have 2 baby shower cakes in October that I have already planned out. Does anyone else draw out what they want their cakes to look like? I promised my mom I would make an Apple pound cake tomorrow for us. No decorating, just glaze and eat.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:42am
post #104 of 108

i sketch everything... because i hate to wing it...
the monkey redo that we did was einging it and i have to say that it came out awesome.. i will post pics tomorrow... when all the flowers are on...

ladies do you think that i should airbrush the black on the black and white cake that i have to do r actually buy premade black fondant...

Mommagaz Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 3:53am
post #105 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklesley1

i sketch everything... because i hate to wing it...
the monkey redo that we did was einging it and i have to say that it came out awesome.. i will post pics tomorrow... when all the flowers are on...

ladies do you think that i should airbrush the black on the black and white cake that i have to do r actually buy premade black fondant...

I would buy the black it just looks better thumbs_up.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 5:12am
post #106 of 108

Hi girls! My cakes are due Sunday this week. I decorated a wedding package cake for a friend, but mine are on for tomorrow. I have to make two fondant blue birds. I pretty much know how to do it, but wanted some character to them. Has anyone seen one online that would be some inspiration. Back to checking it out myself again! Happy Baking!

bafishr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bafishr Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:00am
post #107 of 108

Anybody still up? Just finished the Bob Marley guitar. The strings broke when I picked it up, icon_cry.gif used 50/50 gumpaste and fondant, will redo tomorrow with just fondant. The batteries in my camera are dead icon_cry.gif I'll post pics tomorrow.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 27 Sep 2008 , 7:06am
post #108 of 108

This may be my last legitimate friday night cake club post. I start my new business next week and have a full time decorator and a part timer that already work the shop I bought. I can't imagine having help to get all the cakes done and not being up til 3am every friday night.
It's good timiing because I have 4 weddings, 4 groom's (2 sculpted), several tiered birthday cakes and I also have a 4 tier square for 350 servings for Macy's 150th birthday party on the following Monday.
It's gonna be alot of baking!
I went and bought some 18"square pans for the Macy's cake. CK had them for $15 each, can't go wrong with that price. I was going to piece them together but decided to get the pans.
Good night all, have to go talk to my "girls" in the morning before they start delivering and doing tastings.....how weird.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%