Does Anyone Own An Edible Image Printer

Decorating By yvette131 Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 1:33am by tiggy2

yvette131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvette131 Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:31am
post #1 of 13

I'm ready to invest in an edible image printer. Does anyone have one? i will love any feedback on which ones are good and which ones i should stay away from.

12 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 5 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 13

I have a Epson cx8400 and love it

Molly2

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:11am
post #3 of 13

I have a Canon iP5000. It is a five cartridge printer. I have enjoyed the heck out of it for the last few years but I tell you what, when that printer head gets clogged because I don't use it on a weekly basis, that sucker gets clogged and does NOT want to get cleaned out. You practically have to sand blast that printer head just to get things flowing again.

I am going to invest in a newer system. Haven't researched any yet. I would look for a printer that is easier to maintain.

With all that said, I am GLAD that I invested in one. It makes decorating go so much quicker for me and of course I like the clean look instead of my own hand writing.

Amy

Molly2 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 3:17am
post #4 of 13

I've had my printer since January and I use it about once a month maybe and I have not had any clogging problem

Molly

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 13

my father in law just gave me a brand new canon ip3000 for NOTHING!! I couldn't believe it, woo hooo! I called kopykake and they still carry the ink and the paper for it even though it is discontinued. Now it is just a matter of me ordering that stuff and I will be in business!!

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 13

I have a Canon iP3500, that I absolutely love! I got it brand-new for a steal on Amazon. I haven't had much requests for edible imaging for some reason the last couple of months so it had been sitting (with ink) since the middle of May. I just used it today for a fondant plaque that I am making for a cake on Saturday, and it printed like it had been working every day! No clogging, no missing lines, no spitting, and nice crisp printing! Highly recommend the iP3500 thumbs_up.gif!

I had an Epson All-In-One that literally SUCKED! That's right, it ate ALL MY INK! I think I was able to print one thing...ONE!...on it the entire time I had it, then it clogged, spotted, missed lines, color was off pretty bad, and it took forever to clean itself! ARGH! Needless to say it got pitched into the garbage really fast after I had to completely redesign a cake for a customer who wanted an edible image (came out much better without the image, but that's another story)! Epson = PITA TROUBLE!!!

HTH!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 13

I've had an epson all in one for over a year and I LOVE it! It sits for months at a time without being used and has never clogged on me. I also bought refillable cartridges on ebay so I can use the refil kit and save $$ on ink.

Molly2 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #8 of 13

I print on my Epson about once a month and I have printed all 1/2 sheet size colorful pictures and have not had any problem and still have ink to print more I have printed 8 pictures in all in fact I'm getting ready to order more icing sheets and will prob. order refills just to have on hand
the pictures come out brilliant

Molly2

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 13

What model numbers are your epson printer tiggy 2 and those of you that have canons, did you have to pry off the chip from the regular cartridges and attach it to the edible image cartridges?

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:29pm
post #10 of 13

I have an epson cx7400 and love it. I bought it at amazon for like 60.00. haven't had any problems and I have had it for about 6 months

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #11 of 13

Im still bragging on my Epson ! Good Luck in what ever you choose !

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 13

I went on amazon and typed in edible image printer and a cannon printer came up, but it was a photo printer. Is it the same thing and just uses differnt ink and paper or is that the wrong one?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #13 of 13

Mine is an epson cx4200

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%