How Do I Keep Wire Decorations From Spinning On Cake?

Decorating By Michele25 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm by cakebaker1957

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,
I'm making a cake decorated in buttercream that will have gumpaste stars mounted on wire sticking out of the cake top. I had made another cake like this last month, and had tons of trouble with the wire decorations not holding still in the cake and turning or spinning around. How can I insert them into the cake securely and keep them from either moving around, falling over, or messing up the buttercream?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 4

thumbs_up.gif

I use coffee stirers just insert into cake insert wires and wala

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 4

Use regular straws, stick them in cake where you need them, so that you cant really see them down in frosting. Take a small tip and bag, put some frosting in the straw, stick the wire in. They wont fall over, and when the frosting sets up a little it will hold the wire. Hope this makes sense.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly4481

Use regular straws, stick them in cake where you need them, so that you cant really see them down in frosting. Take a small tip and bag, put some frosting in the straw, stick the wire in. They wont fall over, and when the frosting sets up a little it will hold the wire. Hope this makes sense.

This is a good ideal i use coffee stiriers, but i like the ideal of the frosting inside the straw thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%