Brownies Baked In Cupcake Pan?

Decorating By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm by sweetness_221

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:42am
post #1 of 6

I decided to sell brownies but I cannot for the life of me cut them in same-sized slices. I was wondering if it would be okay to bake them in my cupcake pan, use the liners too for easy removal.

has anyone done this?

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:55am
post #2 of 6

I do it all the time. Makes life so much easier. I mean I bake them in cupcake wrappers--I don't sell much.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:10am
post #3 of 6

does it change the texture of the brownies? i like them chewy and fudgey icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:17am
post #4 of 6

No it doesn't change. I mean you gotta watch your baking time so you don't over bake because you have a smaller area to heat up. Mine are about two steps away from being molten so they come out just like in the big pan but no cutting issues. And you can't wrap them as securely either because you can't crunch the wrapper. So shelf life suffers a bit. Just depends on how fast you turn it over.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 9:33am
post #5 of 6

i'm planning to put them in individual cello bags and tied with a ribbon.

i have baked probably 3 pans of brownies over the last two days and i just found it very stressful cutting them, making sure they were of the same size.

so thanks for your input icon_smile.gif means a lot. icon_smile.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

When I made the ones in my pictures I baked them without cupcake papers for about 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The texture didn't change at all. So much easier then cutting them out. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%