Decorating With Whipped Icing

Decorating By betnee Updated 10 Dec 2008 , 11:19pm by kakeladi

betnee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
betnee Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:33am
post #1 of 3

I've been searching for a recipe for the cool whip icing that you can decorate with. Most that I've seen always say you can frost the cake and maybe startip the cake, but I've seen some in grocery stores bakeries that have been used with roses even. They're not perfect, but not too bad. I've been looking for a recipe like that for my grandmother, her birthday is in couple weeks and that is the only icing she likes.

2 replies
dshlent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dshlent Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 3

I also have a lady that wants whipped icing. I've never messed with it. I am also curious how you decorate with whipped icing.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Dec 2008 , 11:19pm
post #3 of 3

What you are looking for is not a recipe but a brand of product you purchase.
Rich's Bettercreme OR Frostin Pride OR (last choice) Pastry Pride.
They are available atmany cake supply shops and Gordon's Food Service (GFS).
It comes in a carton like milk - in quarts and 1/2 gal. It is fzn. but is not rock hard - it never fzs solid....just slushy.
Chill your bowl & beater then spoon out the amount of topping you need. Whip with wire whip (on KA mixer) until it peaks like whipping cream. The longer you beat it the stiffer it gets. It can be overwhipped so be careful. If it is overbeaten it will be *very!* hard to squeeze thru a bag and as it dries on the cake it will crack apart icon_sad.gif These products do not take color well - usually the lightest of pastel shades unless you airbrush it. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%