Rubic Cube Cake

Decorating By Bluesea Updated 7 Aug 2008 , 2:31am by Bluesea

Bluesea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluesea Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:41am
post #1 of 8

Hi All,

I'm gonna attempt doing this cake (below) next weekend. Do i need to put anything in between the cakes to support them or i can just stack them on top each other. This is my 1st try on stack cakes and would appreciate some tips. I intend to bake a 7x7" cake.

Thank you.

7 replies
redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:12am
post #2 of 8

I would recommend having each cake on a board. I'd be afraid that the corners would droop otherwise. It would also make it easier to take apart to serve.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:13am
post #3 of 8

It would be best to place support boards and dowels between every two layers of cake. This will prevent the weight of the cakes from taking from a cube to cube with a spare tire.

I hope you post a picture because I love the Rubic's cube. icon_smile.gif

HTH

Michele

Bluesea Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:37am
post #4 of 8

thanks for the quick advise guys.
do i place each layer of the cake on a 7" board (the cake is 7")? will the boards be very obvious when i serve the cake. also, how do i use dowels? sorry this is my 1st attempt on stack cakes.

michele, what do you mean when u say: "This will prevent the weight of the cakes from taking from a cube to cube with a spare tire". Don't quite get you.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 8

Are you doing 2 layers of cake per section? If so, then make a regular cake with those 2 layers with the bottom cake sitting on a cake board the same size as the cake. Make 3 of these for each rotating layer. Put dowels in each tier to support the next tier.

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 8

By a spare tire I mean that the weight of the cake will cause the sides to buldge outward. Sorry, I was trying to be cute, I guess that crashed. icon_smile.gif

Michele

Bluesea Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:15am
post #7 of 8

thanks for replying guys.

ok, now order has been reduced. so am now gonna bake 3pcs of 6x6x2" each and stack them as shown in the picture. still need dowels or should i just put cake board beneath each cake?

Bluesea Posted 7 Aug 2008 , 2:31am
post #8 of 8

anyone???
ok, i've baked the 3pcs of cake and they are sitting in the freezer now. the total height for the 3 stacked cakes will be 6". do i need to dowel them?
appreciate your help on this. cake is due this weekend.

thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%