Wilton Yearbook 2006

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 4:48am by FeGe_Cakes

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 2:51am
post #1 of 6

does anyone have the wilton 2006 yearbook??? i just found this image on CC and i need to figure out how to do this cake in like 2 weeks icon_cry.gif . i guess i would need the pattern book too... if someone could send the info my way... thanks!!

or if anyone knows how to do this without the book and can explain it. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

5 replies
momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:04am
post #2 of 6

If it is from 2006 the wilton patterns are online for that year. I am sorry, but I didn't get the Wilton book that year!!! Very cute cake though

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 6

Well I found the pattern online it is under birthday hugs from mickey. p 21

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:23am
post #4 of 6

any guesses on what her head is made out of and what was used for the face?? also the arms and legs..

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:44am
post #5 of 6

Pans: Mickey Face; Classic Wonder Mold, Mini Egg, 9, 14 x 2 Round.

2006 Pattern Book (hands, shoe support)

In advance: Make Mickey candy plaque. Using patterns, make cookie hands. For hand holding balloons, reverse pattern, cut dough; position wooden dowel rod in palm and fold over fingers about 2 1/2 in. Bake; immediately remove dowel rod and let cool. Cover cookies with thinned royal icing; let dry. Outline hands with tip 2 and royal icing.

Bake and cool Wonder Mold cake and 1-layer 9 in. round cake (both using firm-textured batter such as pound cake) plus 2-layer 14 in. round cake and 2 mini egg cakes. Prepare cake baords for center column opening and 16 in. tall tier plate by gluing on legs. Center core for Wonder Mold cake will be cut slightly off center, toward front of cake to allow dowel rod arms to be inserted toward back of body; cut cake board accordingly. Prepare Wonder Mold cake and 9 in. and 14 in. round cakes for center column and stacked construction. Line up hole in cake board with core in Wonder Mold cake. Insert a wooden dowel rods horizontally behind center column core to support arms. For arms, cut 2 plastic dowel rods to 7 in. long; insert 2 in. of each rod into cake, positioning over wooden dowel rod. Attach cookie hands to dowel rods with melted candy.

Ice round cake smooth; position on cake plate along with center columns. For body, position 9 in. cake, then Wonder Mold cake over columns. Mark shorts and button areas on Wonder Mold cake with toothpicks. Cover body, arms, and shorts with tip 16 stars. Pipe in buttons with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cut shoe supports from cake board using pattern; wrap with foil and insert into base of round cake. For shoes, position mini egg cakes; cover with tip 20 stars, filling in gap between back of shoes and 14 in. round cake. For legs, tint 9 oz. of fondant black; roll two 1 x 6 in. logs. For leg openings, roll out red fondant 1/2 in. thick; cut 2 circles using largest round Cut-Out. Trim 1/4 in. from bottom and position on cake top. Position legs; trim to fit. Cover leg openings with tip 16 stars. Cover ankles with top 20 stars; overpipe for dimension. For balloons on cake, roll out fondant colors 1/8 in. thick; cut circles using medium round Cut-Out and position. Pipe tip 12 ball bottom border. Cut 1/8 in. wide fondant balloon strings; position. Attach head to column with melted candy. Tape balloons to 11 3/4 in. stick; insert in hand. Serves 89.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 4:48am
post #6 of 6

Mickey Candy Plaque Head

1. Tinted melted White candy melts with a little orange candy color to achieve flesh tone used. Fill face portion of pan first, being careful not to fill above round area at top of face; next fill ear portions 1 1/4 in. thick. Refrigerate until firm.

2. To unmold, cut cardboard to fit inside pan. Before removing from pan, with melted candy, attach lollipop sticks diagonally to support each ear. Let set. Place cardboard in pan and turn over to unmold.

3. Turn plaque right side up. Using royal icing and tip 3, outline and pipe in eyes, nose mouth and tongue (smooth with fingers dipped in cornstarch). Cover ears and head with tip 16 stars.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%