Fondant Covered Cake In Fridge?? Need To Know Asap

Decorating By Evone Updated 2 Aug 2008 , 3:14pm by DianeLM

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 7

I have a dilema, I am making real cream cheese filling and covering the cake with fondant should I put it in the fridge over night or what? I have never run across this. What will happen to the fondant if it put in the fridge? What will happen to the cream cheese under the fondant will it stay fresh?
THANKS EVERYONE.

6 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Evone,
I don't do fondant covered cakes myself ( yet...) but I know many other decorators here in AZ that do and they've put their cakes in the fridge with no problems at all. I make fondant figures and accent pieces to go on my buttercream frosted cakes and stick them in the fridge overnight and never had a problem.

Hope that helps!
KimAZ

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evone

I have a dilema, I am making real cream cheese filling and covering the cake with fondant should I put it in the fridge over night or what? I have never run across this. What will happen to the fondant if it put in the fridge? What will happen to the cream cheese under the fondant will it stay fresh?
THANKS EVERYONE.

Yes, you can refrigerate fondant-covered cakes. It will be fine and everything will be fresh.

If you do a search on "refrigerating fondant" you will yield many threads on this subject.

KeltoKel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KeltoKel Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 7

You definitely want to refrigerate cream cheese filling. Many people on these boards have refrigerated their fondant cakes. Good luck!

Evone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evone Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 7

Well... I put the fondant covered cake in the fridge and it came out very goopy. It was in the shape of a diaper bag and we had to replace a pouch as it was just to saggy and mushy. My thought is don't put in cream cheese or anything that can spoil so you never have to refridgerate the fondant covered cake... lol not good.. Thanks everyone for trying my bad for using perishable stufficon_sad.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:07pm
post #6 of 7

I pretty much only work in fondant and all of my cakes get refrigerated without problems

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 7

Not everyone's frig has the same humidity level. Some can be really damp. I'll bet that's what caused the problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%