New Business Questions

Decorating By Swbliss47 Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm by janelwaters

Swbliss47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swbliss47 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 3


I need and would very much appreciate some advise! I am in the process
of openeing a cupcakery and find a Starbucks a few door down also in
the process of opening. I am definitely focused on cupcakes but need
to ensure I serve some beverages. I am leaning towards bottles of
speciality teas and basic coffee what do you think would have appeal and still support beverage sales.
Also does anyone know how to obtain a florida sales tax id number what form is it. I have used amerilawyer for the corp but all this extra stuff just adds costs if I could do it myself i can save a little? (I was told this
helps if you make local purchases at Costco or the like)
Thanks in advance!
Swbliss 47

2 replies
btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 3

I think you would get a better response if you posted in the BUSINESS forum instead of this one for general decorating.

You should check your state website for business information. I'm sure everything you need to setup a business will be linked from there.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 3

Where in Florida are you opening???? Not everyone like Starbucks coffee so I think you would be fine having coffee and coffee products.

I'm pretty sure that you can get your tax ID number online at - but isn't the tax ID number a federal number??

Good luck - I've done some research on opening a bakery/cakery in Florida - needless to say, I'm still baking for free for family and friends from home! I would LOVE to find a kitchen to rent, I just haven't found anything yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%