Whimsical Bake House Book

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm by MichelleM77

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 7

I got this book today. I got a great deal on it off ebay. It is a brand new book. I just started reading it. I love their idea that ebery thing on a cake should be edible. They use all buttercream. I have a recipe similar to the one they have in the cookbook for buttercream. I am enjoying the book. Have any of you tried any of the recipes for the cakes? Can you give me your reviews.

6 replies
DC23103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DC23103 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 7

I've tried many of their cake recipes (not the icings yet) and I love them! The chocolate is my favorite and I love their white butter cake. Have also tried the orange and the yellow cake. My family/friends/customers rave about them!

Denise

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 7

I have tried all of their recipes, and every single one is awesome. Plus, the book is just gorgeous.

Bonnie151 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnie151 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:39am
post #4 of 7

I love, love, love this book! The recipes are so reliable. The chocolate chip recipe is fantastic (though I don't put the sour cream in) - it's the only one I've found where the chocolate chips stay evenly dispersed in the cake. I'm not that keen on the spice cake but all of the others that I've tried have been fantastic.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 9:11am
post #5 of 7

the house buttercream is also very good icon_smile.gif

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 7

I love that book as well. I really need to try more of the recipes. The ones I've tried are:

Chocolate Butter Cake- this was okay. I have another chocolate recipe that I prefer.

Hazelnut cake- really, really good. It doesn't rise very high but it's really nice.

Chocolate-hazelnut mousse- probably my favorite recipe in the book. So incredibly easy and delicious!

Cookies and cream- also so easy and great.

I've tried both of the buttercreams. The house buttercream is really pretty and shiny. It would be great for people who don't like super sweet buttercream. It doesn't crust. The other buttercream (I can't remember if it was Swiss Meringue or Italian) was okay, but I have a different recipe that I use (when I use that type of icing).

Have fun!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 7

I have it too and love it. I really like their house buttercream. I haven't tried any other recipe, but plan on trying their chocolate butter cake soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%