"amazing Wedding Cakes"

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 15 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm by costumeczar

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 30

I just saw an ad for a new series starting this fall (September, I think) on WE network called "Amazing Wedding Cakes." I'll be setting my DVR for that one. I love cake shows! More inspiration for me! icon_smile.gif

29 replies
janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:51am
post #2 of 30

SERIOUSLY!!!! YEA!!!! Thank you so much for posting this!! I was so excited when "Ace of Cakes" started and was very disappointed when I realized that its just a reality show set in a cake shop and not really about cake at all!

YEA!! A real cake show!!!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:21am
post #3 of 30

I absolutely love Ace of Cakes, but I know what you mean about it not being as "instructional" as I would like it to be. I am hoping this new program will show more of that, but it's not on Food Network, so it might just be a showcase program. Either way, I'm really excited for it! icon_smile.gif

Zmama910 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama910 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:30am
post #4 of 30

Ha ha...that's funny, because last night I set my DVR for the same show! I hope it's a good one!! icon_cool.gif

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 30

Here's a link to some information about this show. It gives only a tidbit of information about the show's content. I'm definitely looking forward to it as well.

http://brandedcontent.adage.com/cableguide08/vendor.php?id=41

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:48am
post #6 of 30

I'll definitely be tuning in! We can all get some great ideas, maybe see some new trends, and learn some how-to's. The link QueenBee1 provided us (thank you!) indicates the show will involve demanding clients, so there may be something for us to learn in the area of service, as well!... Oh I can't WAIT, now that we're talking about it!!! icon_razz.gif

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #7 of 30

Thanks so much for posting this! I have to admit a dirty little secret.....I will watch an entire half hour bridal show like "Platinum Weddings" just to see the 30 second vignette about the cake! To have another show that is 100% cake is............divine! Aaaah! Can't wait til Sept thumbs_up.gif

Oh, and funny little sidebar- my hubby loves hunting shows every bit as much as I love cake shows. Our poor kids- "Mom, dad, do we ALWAYS have to watch bloody deer and wedding cakes???" Hehe

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 2:54am
post #8 of 30

Ha LorienSkye-----I do the exact same thing!!!

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 12:50am
post #9 of 30

F.Y.I.

I just noticed that this show premieres tomorrow night on the WE channel. Check your local listings, but in Illinois it is coming on at 9:00 pm, CST.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #10 of 30

THANKS! I just set my VCR, can't wait. I could stand to learn something, anything, everything.

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:06am
post #11 of 30

OOBoy! Just set my Tivo to catch the reshow of the first segment. Thanks for the info.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:12am
post #12 of 30

Thank you for the notice! Just stopped reading, went to living room and set my dvr to record ALL episodes. I'm excited and can't wait! I too love to watch cake shows. Mostly Challenges on the Food Channel though.

Thank you AGAIN!!!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:17am
post #13 of 30

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:29am
post #14 of 30

set to record series...thank you!!

starla

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:26am
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

I just saw an ad for a new series starting this fall (September, I think) on WE network called "Amazing Wedding Cakes." I'll be setting my DVR for that one. I love cake shows! More inspiration for me! icon_smile.gif

Sorry this is a dumb question but, what is WE network? icon_redface.gif

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:46am
post #16 of 30

Thanks set me auto tune for it

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:47am
post #17 of 30

Thanks set me auto tune for it

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #18 of 30

dkelly27, I don't know what wetv is either. How do I find out what channel it is on where I am??? icon_confused.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 4:06am
post #19 of 30

It usually comes with the basic cable package, so if you have the Food Network, you probably have it.

WE is the woman's network television channel. They do mostly chick flicks, and girly tv shows like Reba, and Will and Grace, etc. Look for the Bridezilla shows, in my area the Bridezilla show is on the same channel as the new cake show.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:45pm
post #20 of 30

i didn't know what it was either, but i found it by doing two things.

the first time, i did a tv search for it...there should be a menu button on your remote that will take you to different options on your tv screen. my options show up at the bottom and has a little magnifying glass. when i scroll over to that, it says "search for tv listings" or something like that. when i choose it, it brings up the alphabet and i start scrolling through to spell the words i need. once that is done, it shows all the listings that are spelled that way...amazing wedding shows came up for being on tonight (sunday) at 9 pm, so it gave me a chance to set a "series record".

the second way i found it was just to scroll through the "guide" option on your remote, and look at the names of the channels. (wsmv, nbc, etc) it will actually have "we" on the end. i think mine (comcast) was 117 or 171.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 1:53pm
post #21 of 30

I'm pretty sure there's a cake challenge tonight on the food network too. I think right around the same time. I forget off the top of my head but I know I recorded two shows for tonight. gotta love that tivo!!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:03pm
post #22 of 30

There is. It is the one where the two chefs pair up. It should be very interesting! It's called Tag Team Cakes.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:05pm
post #23 of 30

I've got Dish tv and I know I've watched Bridezilla and other WE shows....now I don't have it coming up on my listings....what the heck!!!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:19pm
post #24 of 30

Dish Network WE is Channel 128

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 2:31pm
post #25 of 30

I am so jealous. Where I live we are so hard up for channels. We don't even ge food network or hgtv. That is the part of living oversees that I don't like. By the way does the channel have where I can view it on the internet?

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 7 Sep 2008 , 3:08pm
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Dish Network WE is Channel 128

I guess Dish has tempted me with the 'free' viewing a few times because I have to upgrade to get WEtv icon_cry.gif ....well, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!!!

The links to the previews are awesome!!!!! Yep, this is one I can't miss thumbs_up.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 10:12pm
post #28 of 30

So what did everyone think of the Amazing Wedding Cakes show?

I think I almost like it better than the challenges, because the challenges are getting weird. The cakes anymore look like crap because they dont give them enough time to do much, and then chastise them when they dont come up with a wonderful cake. Well duh, when it takes you more than half of the time to crumb coat and cover the cakes with fondant, then no your cake isnt going to be this amazing and wonderful thing.

I really like the car cake. When they were doing it, I thought OMG that is not going to turn out, but I think it turned out really cute. The birch tree cake too, was very adorable.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:33am
post #29 of 30

The new season started last night- I wasn't awake enough to watch the whole thing, and recorded it. I knew that Lori and Ruth had gone separate ways- Lori is now featured on the show with her new bakery. In California, Cake Divas appears to have lost a group of their employees who started Merci Beaucoup bakery- it's a curious change.

Any reviews or thoughts on last nights episode? I was surprised not to see something in the forums already!

Here is a link with info about the show:
http://www.wetv.com/amazing-wedding-cakes/index.html

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 12:57pm
post #30 of 30

It started last week, last night was the second show. I thought it was okay, but pretty much like last season, just more of the same. Set up a couple ordering a last-minute, really complicated cake, then watch the decorators have to make it. I'd like to see some real disasters and maybe a cake that didn't come out as well as it should have! Now THAT would be interesting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%