So Darn Jealous!!! Check Out This Site

Baking By jessieb578 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 9:39pm by born2bake

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 56

These cookies are so simple, really nothing exciting if you ask me (not knocking them,,,,just saying skill-wise, not hard) and believe it or not, they expect a half a million dollars in sales this year!! Would you byy 12 cookies for $40? It's amazing they do business.....

I'll admit I'm just jealous - good for them, but wow.

https://www.blackandwhitecookies.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?usr=51G7445790&rnd=4189376&rrc=N&affl=&cip=24.148.96.122&act=&aff=&onepage=Y&pg=splash

55 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 56

funny, I was just reading this thread about cookie pricing
http://forum.CakeCentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6034812#6034812

Ldydesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ldydesignr Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 56

icon_surprised.gif Wow is right!! Checked out the site, the cookies were very professional and all, but thats a lot of money for a dozen cookies!

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 56

maybe they taste really good but yea i agree not much technique involved but hey if u can make 1/2 milli on cookies definalty deserve some props... maybe they do wholesale

jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:32pm
post #5 of 56

I'm sure it's all about marketing for this company...

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 56

That is amazing!

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 56

http://www.berries.com/jump.jsp?itemID=101&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C8%2C65&iProductID=101

These are actually very good, but pricey. Perhaps they were so good because 16 cookies was almost $50.

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:43pm
post #8 of 56

I saw some cookies on the CC homepage that were way more impressive than these the other day... They were had trees on them and were adorable..

I would so pay $40 for those not for the two tone boringness of these here..lol

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:44pm
post #9 of 56

I think The Black & White cookie company have about THE most annoying gallery I've ever come across online! Who thought that was a clever idea? icon_confused.gif

(Click the "Cookie Gallery" link on the right-hand side of the page to see what I mean...argh!!) thumbsdown.gif

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #10 of 56

Nice, simple cookies.

Like they say presentation and marketing is a major part of selling.

jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:53pm
post #11 of 56

wow - very pricy...but I guess it's all in what you price - if you price higher and it's a quality product then I guess it's worth it!

jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:55pm
post #12 of 56

antonia74 I SO agree~~~ How annoying! Not a great way to showcase their prouduct, but hey...apparently it's working for them icon_lol.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #13 of 56

um, there is a lot of technique involved. their cookies are slick and smooth. google "black and white cookies" and see photos of what a lot of other folks are selling. these look a LOT better.

JulieBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBee Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #14 of 56

I agree on that annoying gallery!

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #15 of 56

who in their right mind is going to pay $62.99 for 12 dipped berries & 8 cookies!? I'm sure they taste good but I don't see how something so simple is worth that amount of cash...no matter how beautiful the pkg (as per reviews on site)
icon_confused.gif

jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #16 of 56

Really you think so?? How much technique can be involved?? Antonia's cookies look better than that, and many of us have mastered that technique. I'm just not really seeing it. I think it's mostly marketing - which is absolutely great for them....

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:07pm
post #17 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by micnmax2003

who in their right mind is going to pay $62.99 for 12 dipped berries & 8 cookies!? I'm sure they taste good but I don't see how something so simple is worth that amount of cash...no matter how beautiful the pkg (as per reviews on site)
icon_confused.gif

RICH PEOPLE!

mamajan61 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamajan61 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #18 of 56

I'm wondering just how well they are doing... seriously... I mean the company that my husband works for is a nationally known chain "Chuck E. Cheese" and their business has taken a big plung. I don't see how a cookie company that is WAY over priced could be making that much profits right now...

travelingcakeplate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
travelingcakeplate Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:09pm
post #19 of 56
Quote:

icon_confused.gif

In all fairness, there is a market for everything! Shari's Berries is high end and has been featured on Food Network.

As a splurge or for a special occassion, I think it's fun to order something at a ridculous price sometimes. It makes me feel kind of "classy"! icon_redface.gif

My DH purchased some for me on Valentines day and it was nice to have something sweet that I did not have to make myself but could enjoy all by myself.

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:20pm
post #20 of 56

I agree, I think there big thing is the "all natural" thing. Thats big these days "going green" and "back to nature" is all the rage. So you get these boring black and white things. I say hey, someone wants to pay that go for it, but as for me I would rather grab a box of oreos, which by the way are getting pricy themselves....

Alicia

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #21 of 56

aren't these the cookies that were on an episode of Seinfeld once. If so, thats one heck of an advertisement!

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:26pm
post #22 of 56

here's what i know:

people wouldn't pay THAT kind of money for something if they didn't feel like it was worth it. MAYBE once, but not again and again.....and if they have been around awhile, i'm thinking that they MUST be doing something right.....

annoying? maybe.....but memorable....i agree, i'm sensing a great product with Fabulous packaging, and superior marketing. sounds like a great formula, i'm guessing the customer service is stellar......

sounds like something to aspire towards,
sally

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:46pm
post #23 of 56

I LOVE Black & White cookies. I haven't had a good one since I left the East Coast icon_cry.gif

I would love to order one or two but I can't see spending that much money on them

Barb

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #24 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

I think The Black & White cookie company have about THE most annoying gallery I've ever come across online! thumbsdown.gif

Just got out of their gallery. Arggg. Annoying is right.

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #25 of 56

Hey guys,

I agree with antonia74, the website is not very user friendly & not really interesting at all in my opinion. I must say though that the cookies are cute, & probably look easier to do than they really are and I have a strange suspicion that they may not be that tasty. I could be wrong but to me if there is no chocolate it AINT good! Unless its a thick buttery shortbread cookie icon_biggrin.gif It makes want to consider making cookies instead of cake. I could hardly imagine being in the kitchen in tears behind a cookie that has fallen, or fondant that won't stop ripping & frosting that I can't get smooth. Especially if I can get 40 bucks a dozen. Good Gravy! that's alot of bread for Cookies icon_biggrin.gif

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #26 of 56

Hey that's another thing! since when does a Black & White cookie not have chocolate in it? I am by no means Hatin on that company for it's marketing because I have been know on occassion to pay $3 to $4 for 1 truffle. I wish them the best & can anyone tell me who and the HECK can pay that much for cookies when gas is darn near $5 a gallon & I feel like a nut job when I splurge on a few truffles? I guess I should cool it now. hehehehe. Just had to get that off my chest.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 7:24pm
post #27 of 56

Hey guys...let's not be too hard on that company. They are doing SOMETHING right IF they are making that much money. But think of how many people say that about our cakes, or question "who would pay $x.xx for a cake?" I say, let's all make our money where we can!
But yeah, that gallery is annoying!

jessieb578 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 9:14pm
post #28 of 56

You're right about people saying that for the price of cakes, I get people from all extremes, I seriously today had one person cancel because I charge too much and another person place an order that said "that's it? is that enough $?"

I'm definitely not hating on this company, they did it all very well...( well except the gallery, hee hee) with projections of that much in sales, God Bless them for finding their niche!

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:01am
post #29 of 56
Quote:

icon_confused.gif

I know what you mean, but... as someone who's had these berries, they are amazing. I've never seen strawberries that big before -- they were the size of my fist! Very sweet berries dipped in real chocolate! They are the best dipped berries I've ever had. I envy you folks in California who can get your hands on fresh berries like that regularly. Yummy!

I made Black & White cookies for the first time last month. Not all recipes are true "B&W" cookies I was told. It's a very large, slightly "cakey" cookie that's iced on the bottom. I made them for a friend from NYC (who hadn't had them in years) where they are very popular. I think they can charge like they do because not many bakeries ship them -- plus they are based in NY which I guess gives the cookies authenticity. I'd never heard of them until I saw Gale Gand make them on her show last year. Never seen them in a bakery here.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #30 of 56

did you read the details of the black and white cookie? They are the size of a CD! THAT is a BIG cookie! I don't think 4.25 cents a cookie is bad for a cookie that size...and black and white cookies are very special.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%