Wilton Decorator Preferred Pans

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 5:05am by Lorendabug

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 9

There has been alot of discussion about Magic Line vs. Fat Daddios but has anyone tried the Wilton Decorator Preferred. I bought 1 thinking it was Magic Line and didn't realize it was Wilton until after I got it home. It has the straight sides and square corners on the 9 x 13 pan I got. The cost appears to be similar to Magic Line on the sites I was pricing it.

Has anyone else tried these? Any opinions?

8 replies
aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 9

I have and I really can't tell any difference to my cakes compared to Fat Daddio's.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 9

Al but 2 of my pans are Wilton Decorator Preferred. I can't tell the difference in between those and the 2 Magic Line pans I have. Nice straight sides and perfect corners. Works for me!

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

There has been alot of discussion about Magic Line vs. Fat Daddios but has anyone tried the Wilton Decorator Preferred. I bought 1 thinking it was Magic Line and didn't realize it was Wilton until after I got it home. It has the straight sides and square corners on the 9 x 13 pan I got. The cost appears to be similar to Magic Line on the sites I was pricing it.

Has anyone else tried these? Any opinions?

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 9

I also have a couple that are - they are good pans as far as my opinion goes. I don't have a preference between any of the 3

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 1:36am
post #5 of 9

Thanks! I appreciate the input. I'm glad they're working for you guys and I may go ahead and buy some more.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #6 of 9

Wilton Decorator preferred is the only brand of pans I own.

orianadalyyorkshire8656 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianadalyyorkshire8656 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:57am
post #7 of 9

I also only use wilton.. birthday.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:04am
post #8 of 9

I have some and they're certainly better than the regular Wilton line. Magic Line really is the gold standard in pans, though, and you'll never regret buying good tools.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:05am
post #9 of 9

Wilton for me. I can not get anything else in my area to try something and well Wilton works just fine for me. If it ain't broke don't fix it. So, I will stick with Wilton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%