Help With Coach Logo

Decorating By mom2leelee Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm by abslu

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #1 of 7

I want to make a cake for my neice's birthday friday and since she loves coach purses (am I am SO not talented enough to try to carve a purse) I thought I would do a Coach box w/ a hot pink ribbon like you get from the store when you buy one. I need help w/ how to do the small Coach logo that's on the lower right side. Any suggestions? Here is a picture...
LL

6 replies
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #2 of 7

Draw the logo on a piece of waxed paper or parchment paper--trace over a print-out at whatever size you need.

Use a push-pin and put holes along the lines.

When your icing has crusted--or after your fondant is on there--position your logo paper and lightly use the push pin again to go through the holes again and very slightly into the icing/fondant.

Take the paper away and use the pinhole marks as a guide to pipe over top of.

mom2leelee Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 7

Great idea! Thanks!

I was thinking about doing a fbct for the whole top of the cake so that I can incorporate in the white line around the top, if I do should I do the logo in the fbct?

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #4 of 7

I've never done one of those, but if it would work for the rim, I don't see why it wouldn't work for the logo, too.

mom2leelee Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 7

bump for more ideas.....

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:30pm
post #6 of 7

Do you have an edible printer and frosting sheets? If so, you can lookup the Coach logo on line, copy it onto Microsoft Word or Powerpoint and then print it out on the frosting sheet, cut the shape out and just place it on the box.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 7

I'll give you a bump - and second the FBCT idea!
If you're going to make the cake look like the box, a FBCT of the whole top would be a good replication!
Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%