Recipes - How Do They Get Their Ratings?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 10:56am by alanahodgson

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 7

There are so many recipes on CC that I'd like to try and I've noticed that some have high ratings (i.e. 4 or 5 stars). I was just wondering how these recipes got their ratings. Do different members try these particular recipes and then rate them?

6 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 7

Below the recipe at the bottom of your screen it will show the recipe's rating and it'll say "rate this recipe" or something like that. If you click on the number of stars you want to give the recipe, you just rated it. It will also display how many votes the recipe got. This is important because a 5 star recipe with one vote (probably the person who posted the recipe) is more questionable in its integrity than a 4 star recipe with 150 votes. In theory people should make the recipe before they rate it, but there's no way to know for sure if that's what really happens or not.

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 5:01am
post #3 of 7

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 7

I wish we could read reviews. I'd like to know why they gave it the rating that they did.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danijus

I wish we could read reviews. I'd like to know why they gave it the rating that they did.

Me too. I posted a pound cake recipe that everyone around here BEGS me for, and the first rating it got was a 1-star. I couldn't stand the thought of mine keeping such a low rank, so I gave it a 5 just to bump it to a 3. I know, I admitted it....oh, well. I would still like to know what made that one person give it a 1.

Boy, I just told on myself there, didn't I?

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:04am
post #6 of 7

Yep, you definitely ratted yourself out.LOL

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:56am
post #7 of 7

That's okay. If you posted the recipe, of course you think its fabulous. I'd have done the same thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%