Faux Bavarian Creme Recipe

Decorating By Franluvsfrosting Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 4:53am by Franluvsfrosting

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 6

I have been searching around here and saw the recipe for the Faux Bavarian Cream the ShirleyW has posted. I tried to PM her to ask a question but for some reason I just end up back on the home page everytime. icon_mad.gif

My question is, can I (and how do I) add chocolate to this recipe to make a chocolate filling variation? I don't want to use chocolate pudding if at all possible because for some reason I can taste it in anything (and i don't like it!)

I've never used this recipe before so I don't know what the texture is like and if it is possible to mix in melted chocolate. What do you think? Can I? How much do you think I should use? If I slowly add the chocolate do you think it will chunk up on me? HELP!

5 replies
Franluvsfrosting Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

Well, I guess nobody has any ideas so I guess I'll just wing it and see what happens.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 6

Shirley W is no longer on CC.
If you want to add melted choc., mix up a very, very little bit at a time so the choc. won't seize. Maybe you can mix choc ganache into the pudding

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:06am
post #4 of 6

It has a mousse like texture. I sub the pudding flavors for what ever flavor mousse I want as a filling love it. I've never added anything else but I figured I would help with texture.

JUDI

Franluvsfrosting Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the replies. I'll be trying out a batch today so I have time to do it different if I don't like it. icon_smile.gif

Franluvsfrosting Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:53am
post #6 of 6

Well, I made some up but I did it a little differently than I had planned.

I used the big box of pudding (5.? ozs) so I doubled everything else but I also added 1/3 cup cocoa powder. It took about 7 TBS of water to get to a thick paste consistency.

After I had whipped the pastry pride I added 1 TBS of Kahlua flavored DaVinci's coffee syrup and 1 TBS of strong black coffee. I blended it all together and....

OH.....MY......WORD!!!!! It was fantastic! I'm having trouble not eating it! lol Thanks for the help, now I have my filling. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%