Need Idea For Making 1 Cake For Son And Daughter Birthday

Decorating By crazymomof3 Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm by toodlesjupiter

crazymomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymomof3 Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone I only want to make one cake for my kids birthday party but i have 2 boys and a girl ages 3, 6, and 8. If anyone has any ideas and pictures to help me out that would be great.

Thanks
Stacy

9 replies
smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 10

well, you can make a sheet cake and then top with 3 different ideas (like 2 dragons made from 1/2 ball pan and a princess from the doll pan)

Or make a 3 teir cake and make one layer for each child: youngest gets the smallest. Then decorate per each child.

Or make three small, simple cakes.

Stephanie

MadPhoeMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadPhoeMom Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 10

2 layers....bottom layer 'designed' by the boys....with lots of direction from mom....
spin that bad boy around, so it has two 'fronts' and let the girl decorate the other 'side'/top layer....

the only tough part might be coordinating the colors of the boys/girl cakes...maybe use one color in both?

good luck!
sally
share photos withus when you decide-plz

suchie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchie6 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 10

What about cupcakes decorated in 3 styles reflecting each childs favorite thing?

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 10

When I combine my kid's parties, they each get their own cake one chocolate and one vanilla, but they choose the designs.

suchie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suchie6 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 10

How about one cake with candy. Do a search on this site and type in Candy - then look at the images that come up. Some really cute ones - a candyland game board / a cake that looks like a candy counter exploded - a castle decorated with candy.... (none of which are mine)

What child of any age doesn't like some kind of candy?

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyful1216 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyful1216 Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 10

We just did my kids (girl 4 and boy 1); my daughter wanted a playground cake. That seemed gender-generic enough for me icon_smile.gif I tried a slide, teeter-totter and swings.

I've also seen one where the main cake was a toadstool with fairies for the girl and bugs for the boy. An under the sea cake with fish or pirates and such for the boy and mermaid for the girl. Maybe something seasonal? Here's a fun beach cake with each of the grandkids represented
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=47726
Or maybe something sports?

I think Suchie6's idea for the one cake with candy would be popular, too!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #9 of 10

I did a half boy/half girl cake you could look at. One side was bugs and the other was pink and girly. Not my best cake (it was a rush) but I think it was cute:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1224406

Jodie

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 10

What do they like... they're interests? For example, my son want a castle cake this year... You could do a castle, with knights for the boys and a princess for the girl. I'm sure there are a lot of ways to combine boys/girls... we just have to get creative.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%