Does Anyone Have This Pan?

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm by traceyjade

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
10 replies
Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 10:40am
post #2 of 11

I don't have it, but it's really cute!

It makes me wonder though if the cake would dry out quickly. Has anyone used poured fondant to coat them?

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 10:56am
post #3 of 11

I don't have this but I don't like it. I thought it was cute also, but I like the ice cream cones ones better. The i.c. cones are sturdier to hang onto while the pan one is all cake. You top a tall cupcake like that with frosting and you're asking for a break down. I'd also like to know how they stood up those cup cakes for the picture. I don't think it's possible.
They are cute, but it's just my opinion on it.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 11:23am
post #4 of 11

yeah they look really top heavy. also, it would probably be hard to get them out of the pan, don't you think, without losing the design?

cute idea, though.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 11:54am
post #5 of 11

I agree with vickymacd--I don't think they would stand up by themselves. Awww--the magic of photography.

On another note--
Vickymacd--your son is my hero, too. I will keep him in my prayers to keep him safe. Thank him for all that he does AND thank you for raising a brave young man.

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 11

I don't have this pan but would also question if they really do stans up on their own. They may have used b/c frosting on the bottom to 'stick' them to the plate. My thoughts on baking these would be to ensure you grease the pan VERY well (like a thin visible layer of shortening) and flour it VERY well, let cool, and they should pop out. I did this with the Wilton 3D Giant Cupcake pan and it came out fine with all details in tact.

Now to serve them . . . You may need one of the holders like they show in the picture or decorate a cakeboard (search threads for great ideas), cut holes in it and set them down in the holes and carry them out to the guests like you carry out any other cake.

Please share the finished product, I'd love to see it.

vickymacd Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 11

Awwww, Mac, thank you!! Billy has been blessed with our family's humor and that is what is getting him through his tour in Iraq! Of course, the Army didn't appreciate his humor when he made a sign of "Let's give hugs, not bullets". Ha, ha. But it would be a good thought! He and his men are doing fine. Or at least that's what he tells me! He really is the Alan Alda of the show MASH. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and prayers!
LL

vickymacd Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:59pm
post #8 of 11

Mac, as an added note: My avitar is from a product I sent his company...it's called Monkey Butt. It's kind of like Gold Bond. ha, ha. Couldn't resist it when I saw the product!

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

Mac, as an added note: My avitar is from a product I sent his company...it's called Monkey Butt. It's kind of like Gold Bond. ha, ha. Couldn't resist it when I saw the product!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I won't pass up the chance to thank you and your brave son. As mac said, you are all heroes. I truly am grateful for the sacrifice that our service people and their families make; because of them, my family and my country are safer. You are in my prayers.

As another "side note", (and in keeping with the hijacking theme icon_redface.gif) , I have a son-in-law who is a lineman, and I put Monkey Butt in his stocking last Christmas!

vickymacd Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #10 of 11

kjt~ so you are just as crazy as I am! But the product works!! And is funny!! Thank you as well for your kind thoughts! I am so proud of each of them and can't wait till they all come home!

Sorry everyone....now back to the site!
P.S. Don't worry abut hijacking the site! You should read the 'cupcake' site.....we've had a ton of off topic postings...from saddness, comforting, as well as a baby even being born!!!

This is what makes CC so wonderful! We are all family and care!!

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:19pm
post #11 of 11

The Whimsical Bakehouse uses this pan in their new book Little Cakes, and they look adorable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%