I Get To Take 2 Classes With Aine2!!!!

Decorating By bambuf Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 3:21pm by Bettycrockermommy

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:02pm
post #31 of 87

Woohoo Chefjulie...! I'll be seeing you there! As far as hotel...haven't figured that part out yet. I am hoping to take my DH along as my personal valet (of course, he won't be attending class...he'll be off playing golf! LOL)

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:18pm
post #32 of 87

I haven't figured out my travel arrangements either. What part of Houston are you in?

Sherri

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:21pm
post #33 of 87

Im in Richmond, pretty much right in between Katy and Sugar Land. If you want to carpool, let me know, I have a nice fuel efficient Fusion icon_smile.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #34 of 87

I still haven't figured out hotel arrangements either. I am so excited about this trip! 4 days without kids and DH! I can't wait to meet all of you!

bambuf Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:24pm
post #35 of 87

I hear you on the 4 days without the kids! I have three kids, ages 8, 4, and 10 months...and I savor the idea of a few days away to steal time just for me!!!

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:24pm
post #36 of 87

well i am truely so happy for you all!!! i want to see pic and hear all the details when you all get back!!! i am super jealous right now!!!!!!! hahahahahhaa one day!!!!!

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:34pm
post #37 of 87

WAAA!! I live in Austin and I didn't know about this class!! Where is it? Guess I need to look at Aine's website, see if I can get into it!

I want in!! If I can find out where the classes will be I may be able to help you guys with close hotels. Let me go and look and see about info on the classes.

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:44pm
post #38 of 87

WOW!! Im only staying one night! I have a one year old and an (almost) 3 year old. No one is brave enough to watch them for more than a night icon_smile.gif Im just going to drive to Austin on Wed. morning, stay the night, and drive back after class on Thurs. It's not too far- a couple of hours.
My husband is coming home on leave in a couple of weeks, so Im going to try to talk him into making a day trip with the kids so I can do the Halloween class too. Im not sure he'll go for it, but you never know til you ask icon_biggrin.gif
Oh, btw, I picked up the last spot for the bride and groom class!

Cakepro Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #39 of 87

WHAT HALLOWEEN CLASS?????????

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #40 of 87

I live in metro Detroit and I would buy my hubby season tickets for the Wings AND Tigers if he would send me to one of her classes!! I don't ever hear of any regular classes around here, let alone something like Aine2's! Have fun!!!

dabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dabear Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #41 of 87

[quote="chefjulieatkins"]WOW!! Im only staying one night! I have a one year old and an (almost) 3 year old. No one is brave enough to watch them for more than a night icon_smile.gif Im just going to drive to Austin on Wed. morning, stay the night, and drive back after class on Thurs. It's not too far- a couple of hours.

I'm from Houston. My family & I are driving up Thursday night and staying the night. I'll take the class Friday while my dh entertains the kiddos and then head back Friday night. He's taking off work and pulling our oldest out of school for a day. I so wanted to do the weekend classes. I can't ask him to take more than one day off work so I can't do the 2 day dad and me. My youngest is still physically attached to me so I can't leave her. I am so looking forward to even 1 day in class with Lorriane! icon_biggrin.gif

Here's the link to available classes and cost.
http://events.capitalconfectioners.com/

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:42pm
post #42 of 87

I never even saw that website! I emailed her about registration icon_smile.gif Didnt know you could do it online. I went to her blog page in her signature http://www.extraicingdemonstrationsandworkshops.blogspot.com/
and it shows the Halloween figure. It's a one day on 9/2

Cakepro Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:46pm
post #43 of 87

Oooooohhh, that's in Scotland. A wee bit too far for me to travel. icon_smile.gif

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #44 of 87

LMAO!! Didnt pick up on that little detail icon_razz.gif

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:01pm
post #45 of 87

Lucky you! Lucky ME! I'm taking the Daddy and Me class. Anyone know WHERE the class is going to be held? I went to the capitalconfectioners website but I can't find any information on the website on location of the class. :-/ I emailed someone asking for info (found email address on website) and haven't gotten a response back.

I'm wondering about supply lists too!

I'm driving 10 hours from MS so I need to make hotel accomodations also, but can't do that until I find out where exactly the class is being held.

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #46 of 87

She said all we need is an apron! Im going to try to get into the daddy and me class, now that the Halloween one is out icon_smile.gif I also looked for an address and couldnt find one.

LisaMS Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:11pm
post #47 of 87

Actually, I see there is a supply list on the website now. Wasn't there last time I looked. Still no information on location of class; unless I missed it.

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:18pm
post #48 of 87

hmmm, when she emailed me she said that there was no need to bring supplies, just an apron if I had one. hopefully she'll look at this topic and clear it all up for us

dabear Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 6:53pm
post #49 of 87

This is the info I recieved in an email on Tues May 20.

Hi Deanna,

The class will be held in Pflugerville, Tx. The expected address is:

1016 Skylark Hill Ln
Pflugerville, Tx 78660

We'll let you know if that changes,

Kyla

kdscalling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdscalling Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:29pm
post #50 of 87

I so wish I had gotten into the Bride and Groom class but am thrilled to be in the other two.

Anyone traveling from Dallas?

kdscalling

melvin01 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:40pm
post #51 of 87

That's a bummer, I live in Pflugerville (about 4 miles from where the class is to be held and work downtown Austin) and there are not any real close hotels. That is going to make it difficult for you guys coming in for it.

The closest hotels I know of are the Springhill Suites on IH-35 between Parmer and Yager (cheapest rate is on hotels.com) and there is a Residence Inn by Marriott/Parmer Lane. Or try to get a hotel in South Round Rock (the Extended Stay is a more affordable alternative and not that far, etiher, that is listed on the forum section on Capital Confectionary website).

I am wondering what site that is on Skylark Hill Road...I may have to drive by there and check it out.

chefjulie Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #52 of 87

Oh, Im such a nerd!!! I accidentally signed up for the bride and groom class in Scotland icon_sad.gif This is what happens when Im allowed to navigate the web on day one of cutting caffeine icon_smile.gif It's definitely all booked for Austin. I may still try and get in on the Daddy one....

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 9:40pm
post #53 of 87

Oh my goodness Julie! icon_lol.gif If you hadn't mentioned Houston in your second e-mail I wouldn't have picked up on the fact that you were talking about my October classes in Austin and not the classes in Scotland a couple of weeks after I return home! Here was me telling you to bring an apron.....and your lunch!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have just tuned in to CC and caught this thread. Although I am so sorry for the confusion I couldn't help from laughing when you mentioned the Hallowe'en figure class just to confuse everyone else more than me!

Please forgive me for the presumption that you were meaning the end of October classes. I had just booked someone else onto the class this morning and never thought to ask you where you would be coming from. I hope you do decide on one of the other classes though. There are still a couple of spaces available...I think there have been further bookings earlier today so I'm unsure of the availability at the moment. Speak to Kyla here on CC for more info.

I do hope I meet you after all of this. thumbs_up.gif

LisaMS Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:33am
post #54 of 87

An address! Yippeeee! icon_smile.gif Thanks Dabear. That'll get me started. And thank you also Monica on the hotel information. Now I am going to google.

(I'd much rather be going to Scotland Julie! Are you sure you can't make that trip? icon_wink.gif )

dabear Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 11:53am
post #55 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMS

An address! Yippeeee! icon_smile.gif Thanks Dabear. That'll get me started. And thank you also Monica on the hotel information. Now I am going to google.

(I'd much rather be going to Scotland Julie! Are you sure you can't make that trip? icon_wink.gif )

Your welcome.
I have heard the Extended Stay America hotel was close and cheap. But when I looked at this hotel, it did not recieve one positve review (people said customer service was bad, rooms were dirty..)

melvin01 Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:58pm
post #56 of 87

Since a lot of you will be in from out of town, just wanted to pass on some good places to eat while you're here:

In Pflugerville:
China Dragon - on 1825 in the 3 points shopping center...really good chinese, my favorite place

Springhill Restaurant - known for catfish, has fried green tomatoes and down-home cooking

Baby Acapulco's - corner of IH-35 and Howard Lane. Just remodeled the outside, I love their mexican martinis...don't get me started!

El Rincon on 1825 is close, decent mexican food.

If you stay in South Round Rock, there are several places around the La Frontera area (Louis Henna Blvd.). Most are decent and there are plenty of places to find decent food at.

No one should go hungry and if you get a chance, try a world famous Round Rock Donut!! YUM!!

bambuf Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:26pm
post #57 of 87

melvin01,

Thanks so much for the Restaurant picks! Just another reason why I love Cake Central...We are always willing to help each other out! icon_smile.gif

fbaaheth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbaaheth Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:28pm
post #58 of 87

Aine2 Are your classes and the dates of each class posted somewhere? I'd love to bea able to attend some. Of course in Louisiana we don't get any classes other than the ones given a Michaels. I'm just ready to take my decorating to new levels. I wish some well known cake decorators would come here and teach a couple of classes a year for those of us who really want to learn and can't travel because of kids and work. Sorry this is so long, I just want more cake icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

kylakae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:33pm
post #59 of 87

Hi Everyone!

We are super excited about Lorraine's upcoming classes. For those of you looking for a supply list, it's now posted on the website. It's not extensive so there won't be any huge expenses for you all.

The address mentioned earlier is my home address. I had planned to have the classes in my home but now that the classes have grown slightly I'm looking at alternate locations (still close to my home). In any event the classes will be held in the Round Rock/Pflugerville area. There are lots of hotels within a 10 mile radius. I have looked at the Extended Stay America nearby but I agree that there are few positive reviews. None on hotels.com but it's better rated on Expedia. The La Quinta's look reasonable and seem to be well rated though so right now I'm talking with them about their rooms and their meeting space.

Here is a list of hotels nearby. If I can work out a deal with La Quinta today, I'll let you all know, ASAP. (If you do decide to book in at the La Quinta, do it via their website, it's cheaper.)

melvin01: Ewwwww to Baby A's. Though I do have to admit they have good drinks, I'd need a heckuva a lot of them to eat their extremely nasty food. I'm an admitted food snob, though. Heh. I'm big on supporting local businesses and restaurants and we have a lot of great ones in Texas.

I will agree wholeheartedly about the Round Rock Donuts. They are the bomb! I'll see if I can grab some for the classes!

Kyla

kylakae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylakae Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #60 of 87

Okay, the La Quinta is a bust. One has a church meeting on Sunday that is apparently very loud and the other doesn't have a big enough meeting space.

I just talked to the Hampton Inn North, however and they sound very accommodating. Their normal room prices are $139 but they will cut it to $109 for us. Perhaps some of you could room share to cut costs? It's a bit more of an upscale hotel.

Don't book anything yet, though, I'm still working it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%