A Wonder Mold Pan Question

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm by CuteCakeName

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a princess cake for someone in my Moms' Club, but I've never used the wonder mold pan before. I'm buying it for my daughter's birthday anyway, but I have a couple questions. It says it takes 4 to 5 cups of batter. How much is that, as in, would that be equivalent to 2 8" pans or more? Also, when using that pan, do you use a filling, or just cake?
Thanks!

Becca

4 replies
allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

I have made several "doll" cakes and I use 1 box mix and add an extra egg and a packet of "co-ordinating" jello pudding. I use the center rod and I also use a bake even strip around the top edge to keep the edge from burning. And, I only bake it @ 325. Hope that helps, pm me if you have any ?'s.
Allee
LL

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 5

I have a question... where do you buy the dolls at??? I haven't seen any, just the pans. THANKS! ruby

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 5

i have made a few (see my pictures) and you can buy them at ac moore or michaels or even cake supply shops. If you use a "real" barbie you will have to add an extra round cake at the bottom because she is a lot taller than the picks. A would also recomend washing her well and wrapping her in plastic wrap so your cake does not taste like plastic!

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #5 of 5

Another alternative to using a real Barbie and having to add a cake underneath would be to purchase the Wilton picks (available at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.), pop off the head, and replace it with a Barbie/Bratz/Disney Princess head or whatever you choose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%