Two Kitchens And I Can't Bake!

Decorating By McMama Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 3:11am by janelwaters

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 3

I am feeling low and very overwhelmed. We had a water pipe under a bathroom sink come undone and water poured out for about 4 hours while we slept. This started on our second floor, went to the first floor and down into our basement. Part of our ceiling and light came down in the living room, dining area, and kitchen. The water also affected my bakery/kitchen and part of the flooring had to be removed. The carpet in two of the upstairs bedrooms had to be removed as well as the bathroom flooring. It looks like the wood will have to be removed also. The contractor will let us know Monday. Our insurance has been awesome. We had a clean up crew come in and they took our drywall, carpet, padding, etc. They then set up fans and dehumidifiers on all three floors. It was about 120 degrees. Our furnace/AC did not work as the water also poured into it. We do have it replaced now. That is good. But the rest of my house really looks like a disaster hit. The downstairs carpet had to be lifted up to dry out and some of the padding removed. My whole house is in chaos. I walk around wondering what to do first. Went to the laundromat (as I couldn't use my washer/dryer) and did about 20 loads of laundry. Had to throw away a lot of stuff as we could not get the smell and/or mildew removed. I know I'm whining now, but I knew my cc friends here would understand.

I know I am blessed. I have a business, a beautiful family, loving husband and some cute little dogs. It is just stressful and a lot to deal with. Thanks for listening to me. The Board of Health called to come for inspection, but I had to postpone til the fall. They were very understanding.

2 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 2:16am
post #2 of 3

Oh, that stinks. I hope it all straightens out for you soon. Best wishes!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:11am
post #3 of 3

Oh honey! I feel your pain. last year a house that I had that I was trying to sell flooded - $20,000 in damages! Before that was even fixed, the house we were living in was struck by lightening and caught on fire! $30,000 in damages. (my husband also has a house that we had tenants in). We were in the hotel the night of the fire and I just busted out laughing - my husband looks at me and says "I just really don't see what's so funny!" and through tears I said "we make 3 mortgage payments every month and WE ARE HOMELESS!!"

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this - feel free to whine away - you deserve to - its a nightmare!!!

GOOD LUCK! You and your family are in my prayers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%