Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 3:13am by Bettycrockermommy

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 6:31am
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Thanks for the Satin Ice help girls. O.K. I'm sooo excited icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_rolleyes.gif I going to open it now!!! Got to color a little black and a little red. Hope it colors (dark) better than the homemade.

What fun! I love my Satin Ice! It actually has a year long shelf life if kept in it's plastic wrap and container! Also, you should buy the Red and Black colors in the 2lb containers to try out! The colors are amazing without the dying head ache created when trying to get fondant tinted TRUE black or red !!

Good night!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 7:38am
post #32 of 40

I'm up too. My cake order got canceled this week (woohoo!) so I decided to try a scratch chocolate cake recipe I've been wanting to get at for a while. It's so much fun making a different recipe than the same old one that I make several times a week. I'll be eaten' cake tonight!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:17am
post #33 of 40

I'm baack! I just finished my grandbabies #2 birthday cake with that GRRREAT new Satin Ice. I loved it! I knew I would! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif It took the dark red and black color grrreat! Do I sound a little excited? AND the cake is one of the cutiest ones I've ever done. I love it to! It's a Mother Goose nursery rhyme book. I can't wait to post a pic of it. This one will be hard to cut. Thank goodness for cameras! O.K. I have to stop looking at my cake and go to bed. icon_cool.gif It is ten after two here! Thanks for all the advice on the fondant! icon_biggrin.gif BTW thought I'd tell you the cake is keylime with keylime bc and raspberry filling. Gona eat cake tomorrow! Happy Birthday to my cute baby Emery! princess.gif Good Night!

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 8:27am
post #34 of 40

I'm here too... but I'm about to head to bed. Just finished a fire truck birthday cake for 2 little boys, and I have a baby shower cake (sheet cake with a rattle on top) half done... it will have to wait till morning to be finished completely. I can barely stand up anymore! Ya'll get some sleep! I'll see ya in about 4 hours icon_sad.gif

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 9:08am
post #35 of 40

I'm here, going on my 19th hour of being at my shop. SOOOOO many weddings. I have just finished a 4-tiered monstor and a tropical wedding cake and now off to get started on the 3rd one and then only 2 left after that wheewwww. Don't see my bed coming anytime soon haha

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:46am
post #36 of 40

tonedna,
I have 3 weddings on Saturday , 1 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. There were already 2 party cake pickups on Friday. Two fo the Saturday weddings also had groom's cakes.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:16pm
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

tonedna,
I have 3 weddings on Saturday , 1 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. There were already 2 party cake pickups on Friday. Two fo the Saturday weddings also had groom's cakes.

So basically you work your weddings the day before. The Monday ones we usually have to make them earlier..they stay stacked and we leave them in a cold area. We dont work Sundays. So people know this. Is never been a problem..
I think I would die if I had to work on sundays too. I have lupus so I end my weeks exhausted. Although it happened once with a cream cheese wedding cake icon_mad.gif .. I had no choice icon_redface.gif . Thank God is not a typical request in our store! icon_rolleyes.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #38 of 40

For a Saturday wedding, I pull the cakes out of the freezer on Thursday. At this point they are already torted. On Thrsday, I fill and rewrap and let them settle. On Friday I ice and decorate. So for Monday's wedding, I fill, wrap and let settle today (Saturday) and ice and decorate tomorrow.

Yes, I do work on Sundays, but try to take Mondays off.

I have always said that the best thing about working from home is that you're really close to work.

And the worst thing about working from home is that you're really close to work.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:30pm
post #39 of 40

In my case the majority of the cakes are done thursday and friday. We usually have all the weddings frudays and Saturdays. Sundays are not typical and Mondays are rare.
We start torte and filling the Weddings on wednesday for the friday weddings. Then I stack and decorate the friday weddings on thusrday. While I have an assistant doing the torte and filling for the saturday cakes. Then on friday I finish the decrating for the Saturday Weddings so usually by Saturday the weddings are done. I dont have to do all the torte and filling since she does it for me. That way we can do more weddings per week. And have Saturdays and Sundays off.
I love decorating cakes, but I have a son to take care off so I avoid working Saturdays.
There is a lot of stuff I do from my house. Like flowers and decorations for the cakes So I do have planty of time working from the house. And I love that!
Edna

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 3:13am
post #40 of 40

I was up last night too!! I just wasn't able to get on the computer. We were in the middle of a terrible thunder and lightning storm. I finished my cake only minutes before we lost all power.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%