How Do You Apply An Edible Image On The Top Of Your Cake?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 4:41am by hammer1

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 3

I have my cake all frosted and am ready to put my edible image on. I just layed it on top and thought maybe it was suppose to stick. But the bc was crusted and I was able to just lift if off again. icon_surprised.gif Am I suppose to mist the top of the cake or something? How do I make the image stick? I thought I'd try putting the cake in the freezer for a while then maybe I could brush thefrozen top with some gel and then lay it on. Who has done this before? It's my first time with this! icon_confused.gif Thanks so much for your time!!! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
chellebell70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellebell70 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #2 of 3

Never have let it dry before. Can you add a small amount of icing right where you want to put the image w/o ruining the top of the cake where you have smoothed? I don't know if you want to add water - that kinda disinigrates those images. - I don't know about that gel idea either. I tried to put one on whipped cream type icing before and it blurred really bad. - Maybe a little thin coat of melted butter or shortening - what ever you used in your icing may wet it enough. Sorry I don't have anything definate for you.....

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:41am
post #3 of 3

buttercream should have had some moisture left.
I place a paper towel over image and rub lightly
You can also put a small border around the picture, half on the image and half on the cake to hold it down.
Re-icing the cake top
I read in my package once about misting the top,have not tried it.

I put my images in the freeze in order to remove them from the acetate easier, maybe this puts some moisture on them when they thaw, I have really never had this problem.
Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%