Can I Bake A Cake In A Terra Cota Pot?

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 9 May 2009 , 3:49am by icer101

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hey y'all!

I was wanting to know if I can bake a cake in a regular terra cota pot (cleaned out of course). Also, if I can, then what should I use to plug the hole up in the bottom with?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 6

Okay. I just spoke to my mommy. She told me that I could put some foil in the bottom and then some wax paper over it. I'm gonna try that.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #3 of 6

Anybody want to share the info on how to do this ? I would love to know.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 6

Honestly, I would not advice you to. If it's not made for food, don't use it. I don't care if people have done it without getting sick. It's made for plants not food.

As a little boy, I remember having one of those clay pots that are made for cooking. I used to play tea party with it.

Good luck =]

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

Martha Stewart has instructions on how to do this. Havent tried it but would love to. Here is the link to the instructions. http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/flowerpot-cakes

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:49am
post #6 of 6

this is weird. i was just looking up this topic.. i have seen this topic on here in the last couple of weeks. it is something special you have to do to the pots.. before baking in them.. and i forget.. hope someone that knows ... sees this again..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%