Beer Can Chicken.have You Made It? Question?

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 1 Aug 2008 , 12:47am by ncbert

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 10

I was thinking of trying the beer can chicken as i've heard it's really tasty when done on the bBq. My question is, have you ever tried it with coca cola before? I was wondering what it would taste like, or if i should just stick to beer? Is it safe to heat these types of cans?

suz

9 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 10

I've made it before - very tasty and the chicken is really moist. I make it on the grill and let it cook very slowly off the fire. I make a rub to put on the chicken and put some in the beer also. Coke would also work too I would think.

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 10

I believe the beer is used because it evaporates fairly quickly.

When I have done this, I drink about half the beer, then add flavorings to the beer. Part of a packet of Italian dressing mix is quite tasty.

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 10

I have made it using beer, coke and sprite, its all good..

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 10

Almost any liquid is fine. It even works in the oven also. Very tasty!

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 11:49am
post #6 of 10

I've heard the alumminum can is not safe. I'm from WI, so of course people do it all the time. Me & my DH boil our chicken in the beer first and then put it on the grill to crisp it up. It is never dry and it tastes awesome. After it's done cooking I sometimes coat it with equal parts melted butter and franks red hot. It's the best buffalo chicken. And it's also fast, and you don't have to worry about burnt chicken or raw chicken.

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 10

My cousin does it with root beer and loves it.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpierce

I've heard the alumminum can is not safe. I'm from WI, so of course people do it all the time. Me & my DH boil our chicken in the beer first and then put it on the grill to crisp it up. It is never dry and it tastes awesome. After it's done cooking I sometimes coat it with equal parts melted butter and franks red hot. It's the best buffalo chicken. And it's also fast, and you don't have to worry about burnt chicken or raw chicken.

OMG, this sounds yummy!

Recently I attended a cookout for over 500 where they served grilled chicken that was sooooooooo moist and tender and literally fell off the bone. I asked the caterer and he said he had boiled the chicken first and then grilled. I can't wait to try it.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 8:35pm
post #9 of 10

That DOES sound good! I think you could coat an old shoe in butter and frank's red hot and I would eat it, though. icon_lol.gif I think all the variations sound good. Let us know how it turns out.

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:47am
post #10 of 10

I've done this once and was so moist. I poured a bit (1/4)of the beer out (of course drank that icon_lol.gif ) and then pour some Jack Daniels in with the beer to top it up,added a bit of seasonings in the can and YUM!

Remember to wrap the can in foil, as a friend used a Heinikin(sp?) can and the inside of the chicken turned green from the can color..eek!LOL

I have seen a cookbook on beer can chicken with all sorts of recipes,using juices with different spices ect...

Nanc
icon_biggrin.gif ....now I know what I'm gonna do for our next bbq!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%