Have You Thought Of This????

Business By alvarezmom Updated 26 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm by dandelion

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 6

Frequent Buyer Cards????

I'd like to try something like this for my buyers that buyer my "not so expensive" items i.e. cupcakes, cookies, brownies.

5 replies
Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 6

I've been thinking about it, but haven't got the time for the details.

CelebrationsbyLori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationsbyLori Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 6

I've done these for about 2 years. It's a plastic punch card with 8 spaces on it and then I give them a free order (up to a certain value or the maximum off a bigger order) on the 9th order. I have had at 20 customers get the free order, and one lady has gotten 2! It's also like giving them a business card that they are guaranteed to keep longer than usual. I got a funky punch in the scrapbooking department so they can't just fill it up themselves. It has worked well for me, but everyone's clients are different.
Lori

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 6

You could always use a unique stamp too instead of a punch. I always keep card that are frequent buyer card longer then I would a normal business card. Sounds like a great idea!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 6

I have a card for coffee (I serve lattes, cappuccinos, etc). I had a stamp made.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 6

Having a punch card that doubles as a business card sounds like a brilliant idea, but there are always those people with no integrity that will cheat their way into a premature freebie. Maybe keeping a spreadsheet with customer names and # of purchases, doing the "punching" behind the scenes in your records and providing frequent buyer discounts without the card?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%