How Do I Turn Seedless Jam Into A Yummy Filling?

Decorating By mommy_of_3_DDs Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 12:12am by mommy_of_3_DDs

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #1 of 6

I personally don't like the tartness of straight jam as a filling for cakes... is there a way to make a nice mousse or something using seedless jam?

Thanks

5 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #2 of 6

Heres a recipe for Strawberry Jam Mousse

For the mousse
3 whites only Eggs
50ml double cream
2 tbsp strawberry jam

1. For the mousse: whisk the egg whites in a large mixing bowl until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it thickens, also to stiff peaks. Stir the jam into the cream. Using a large metal spoon, fold the cream mixture into the egg whites, put the mixture into 4 individual pots and place into the fridge to set, for 2-3 hours.

JenInAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenInAZ Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 6

I just made one from 8 oz of cream cheese, a jar of seedless raspberry jam, and a tub of cool whip (it's one of the raspberry mousse recipes on this site) that was fantastic! I couldn't keep my husband out if it...

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 6

mix the jam with BC frosting

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 6

I agree... add it to SMBC. jkalman has a fantastic recipe on another thread ( she even shows you how to do it! icon_biggrin.gif ) I made her recipe (scaled down version from the recipe section) and added a whole pot of jam (strawberry 350g) to it to take away the buttery taste. I don't like buttercream and i detest jam but i could eat this all day - was superb as a filling.

mommy_of_3_DDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3_DDs Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 12:12am
post #6 of 6

I ended up mixing it with BC... cause I needed a filling that was room temp safe for 24 hours... It was fantastic! It tasted GREAT with the whipped ganache that I used to fill the middle with...

I will try the other options on a cake that is NOT covered in fondant or part of a 204 serving wedding cake...

Thanks for all your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%