My Brain Is Dead, Can I Use Yours?

Decorating By regbevjon Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 11:59am by Mike1394

regbevjon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
regbevjon Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 17

I am SURE that all the talent on this FANTASTIC website can give me some GREAT ideas on how to do this. I have an order, due Monday for a cake to feed 30 with a WONDER WOMAN theme. It's for a celebration to thank employees (paid for by their supervisor) for a job well done. All of her employees are women, so she has bought them all WW related trinkets, ie: keychains and such.
I don't want to do a typical character pan, cartoon-like cake, I don't have the time to order a transfer or anything....so, I'm hoping you guys have some ideas. She just approached me today, so it's not that I've procrastinated....well,not this time anyway. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. After all, it is ALL YOUR FAULT that my brain is dead. I work all day, and come here all night....no time for sleep.

16 replies
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #2 of 17

Maybe you could just incorporate the colors? Here is an idea maybe you could get some inspiration from, wouldn't have to be topsy turvy.. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1224595.html HTH icon_smile.gif

APrettyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APrettyCake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 17

You could do a corset cake and decorate it like her suit icon_smile.gif Not your typical character cake, but still has the WW theme?

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:56am
post #4 of 17

You could do a sheet cake with a large WW on it and do it in red letters with blue and white back ground. (don't forget the stars, like on her outfit)
You can find pictures of her on dccomics.com

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #5 of 17

how about something that looks like WW belt or gold cuff bracelets and add some red,white and blue accecnts..........

APrettyCake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:57am
post #6 of 17

Ooh - I like that topsy turvy cake - that is kinda cool icon_smile.gif

regbevjon Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:01am
post #7 of 17

See, I knew you guys would have some great ideas! I wonder if I could manage a topsy turvy....that is SO CUTE! All of your ideas are good ones, and more what I would rather do than a character pan cake.
Thank YOU!

APrettyCake Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:08am
post #8 of 17

I did my first topsy turvy a few weeks back. It was not so bad - I think I actually found the instructions on this site, and they helped a GREAT deal. Just remember to make the side of the cake the front, otherwise, when you look at it, you can't tell it's a topsy turvy. I made that mistake - put all the deco on the front of the cake, and it just looked like a stacked cake. Had to turn it to its side to see the "sliding" part icon_confused.gif

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:27am
post #9 of 17

Love that Topsy Turvy cake, too. But I've never done one before (too scary).

I think it would look fabulous just as a two tier stacked (no topsy).

What a great boss!

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:30am
post #11 of 17

Love that Topsy Turvy cake, too. But I've never done one before (too scary).

I think it would look fabulous just as a two tier stacked (no topsy).

What a great boss!

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:28am
post #12 of 17

How about 2 round cakes stacked with her crown being on the top of the cake and have her lasso wrap around the cake and her wrist band out of on the bottom? I would do blue on the bottom and red on the top and small white stars all over with the WW cut out in an oval and put on the top tier front. Does that make sense? So neat!! I love weird requests like that!!

regbevjon Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:29am
post #13 of 17

Thank you for all the GREAT IDEAS and TIPS! I LOVE this site!

cakebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebabe Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:38am
post #14 of 17

Using the topsy turvy cake a inspiration... What about making your board blue with stars and then doing a red round with the WW logo and the crown on top with the rope border. You could even have to rope extend off the border and make it coil on the board next to the cake. Good luck and be sure to post a pic for all to see. icon_biggrin.gif

regbevjon Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:47am
post #15 of 17

Another GREAT idea, Cakebabe!

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:37am
post #16 of 17

definately go with the topsy turvy idea they are easier than they look! the best instructions I have come across were the ones i use by lindsey smith a brilliant english decorator the best book i ever bought was her 'cakes to inspire and desire' it has all the instructions and i have been making them ever since. they are my favorite to do! once you start you'll be hooked icon_biggrin.gif you'll never want to do a normal cake again! if you can't find lindseys book PM me and i'll send you the instructions. once you get the idea you can do it all by sight and it is so quick and looks amazing (can you tell i love them thumbs_up.gif ) hehehe

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 11:59am
post #17 of 17

You don't want my brain. It's a scary very dark place. It would cost you to much in therapy. Hehehehe icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%