Your Best Strawberry Filling?

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm by tracycakes

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:04am
post #1 of 11

I'm making a white cake and need a good recipe for a strawberry filling. Can any of you share your favorite recipe with me?
Thanks!

Becca

10 replies
MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 11

I make a simple fresh strawberries (thinly sliced) mixed with strawberry glaze.

lulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulus Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 2:40am
post #3 of 11

My strawberry mousse is most requested. Boil frozen sliced strawberries in a pan with some lemon juice and sugar. Let it cook down until thick, but still has plenty of juice. Run through a food mill. Dissolve one packet unflavored gelatin in hot water, and add to the strained strawberries. Let cool.
Whip cream until it forms peaks, then whip in strawberry mixture until desired taste is achieved. Refrigerate for two hours to set, and use.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:13am
post #4 of 11

I use the polaner seedless strawberry preserves, warm it up in a small pan and add a packet of strawberry gelatin. let it cool and spread it on the cake which has a very thin layer of buttercream. refrigerate that layer for 5-10 minutes before continuing with another layer. The gelatin will set, the layers won't bulge or slide, the strawberry tastes heavenly and the color is very rich!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 11

my still favorite is from our Late Cake Lady found under fillings on ladycakes.com

Rincewind Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rincewind Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 11

I found my favorite filling recipe at ladycakes site. http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/strawberry.htm

I've made several variations of this recipe. I substituted Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur and various Monin syrups (my favorite is rose) for the cherry liqueur. I've also folded it into vanilla mousse-- so very good!

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 11

I like the Strawberry Creme recipe from this site - 1 jar marshmallow creme, can of strawberry pie filling, 8 oz package of cream cheese. Just blend them together.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 11

I take one of those tubs of frozen strawberries in sugar syrup and put them in the blender (thawed) and add 4 TBSP of corstarch and blend that a bit then pop it in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. You might need to add more corn starch. I let this cool and add diced fresh berries and it is a very yummy filling.

You can also add the puree to some SMBC for a yummy mousse-like strawberry filling.. tastes like strawberry ice cream.

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 5:05pm
post #9 of 11

Mmmm! Thanks, everyone!

Becca

MARTIEQZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARTIEQZ Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:17pm
post #10 of 11

On that polaner/jello combo....will it get soft or runny once brought back to room temp?

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 2:43pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTIEQZ

On that polaner/jello combo....will it get soft or runny once brought back to room temp?

No it doesn't. It jells nicely. I haven't used strawberry but I have used raspberry and it was yummy. I put raspberry in a chocolate cake that I brought to work last week and it got raves. They loved the filling and it's simple to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%