Piping Royal Icing On Buttercream?

Decorating By EnjoyTheCake Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm by SweetConfectionsChef

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:25am
post #1 of 2

I've always heard to keep the RI separate from the BC. If i'm piping scroll work on the side of a BC cake, should I use RI or BC? I'm also doing a RI finial for the top of the cake and would love to use the same RI so I know the colors match.

Your thoughts and input please.

1 reply
SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 2

Have you ever tried to cut through RI?? I would use buttercream for the borders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%