I Need Help With A Baby Shower Cake Idea/theme...

Decorating By Jayde Updated 24 Jul 2008 , 3:17pm by LeckieAnne

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I found a pregnant person! A friend of mine is pregnant. I was all excited about my diaper cake until I got shot down icon_cry.gif . I am going to throw her a baby shower, but she wants it to be a couples shower, since a lot of our friends are male.

Soooo, I get to make the cake, and pay for everything YAY! Cant you tell I am excited? icon_rolleyes.gif

Anywho, I thought about doing 2 smaller cakes, one guy cake, one girl cake since its a couples shower. Now, I have tossed around the idea of doing the sugar and spice theme for the girls cake, and the snails and puppy dog tails for the boy cake.

Buuuut, I really liked the idea of the guy tool belt with all of the baby items in the tool belt loops. If I make this for the guys cake, then what should I do for the girls cake??? Mom isnt into gardening, or outdoors, or sports, or anything. She's a real girly girl. Anyone have any spectacular ideas?

3 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 4

personally i think your idea of sugar and spice vs. snails and puppy dog tails is very cute. don't forget if you're not only making the cake and paying for everything it should be more up to you what you want to make that anyone else...not that the mom to be shouldn't have input re flavrs, etc. but i mean come on.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 4

I am leaving the design up to me. I am also making the invites, so sugar and spice, and snails and puppies would be too cute to do with some stickers. I think they are waiting to find out until the baby is born, but shes not that far along yet, so I dont know she might change her mind.

So what if they find out that they are having a girl? Is the snails and puppy dog tails to boyish? Or is it ok, since its the daddy cake? I dont want to pi$$ off a hormonal pregnant woman.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 4

It's still like a nursery rhyme - I like the sugar/spice puppy dog theme. I don't think the Mommy would mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%