How Do I Make Watermarks On My Cake Pictures?

Decorating By frosting111 Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 9:27pm by Sweet_Treats_1

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 15

What's the best way to make personal watermarks on my cake pictures?

Any and all help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,Mary

14 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 15

Mary, if you open your picture in the Paint program you can click on the letter A (on left side of screen) which will allow you to put a text box on your photo. Select a font, size, and color add your desired wording and then resave your photo.

HTH - if cnfused by my instructions let me know. I'll try to explain differently.

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakemkr

Mary, if you open your picture in the Paint program you can click on the letter A (on left side of screen) which will allow you to put a text box on your photo. Select a font, size, and color add your desired wording and then resave your photo.

HTH - if cnfused by my instructions let me know. I'll try to explain differently.

Awesome,Thanks..I did it just as you explained how to!

Is there a way to get it like a transparent overlay look and to cock it side ways?

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 15

. . . picnik.com is a great (freee!) site . . . just use the add text feature . . . thumbs_up.gif

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosting111

Quote:

Awesome,Thanks..I did it just as you explained how to!

Is there a way to get it like a transparent overlay look and to it side ways?

Hummmmm, looks like I put a word in I wasn't suppose to, a * replaced the word I wrote in my message automatically... so I'll rephrase it to, Is there a way I can "Rotate" the watermark side ways?

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 15

Doesn't seem to be. You got me, I am definately NOT a paint program master. Word, Excel, Publisher ok. but not paint. I tried doing a text box in word and copying to paint but it won't let me make the box transparent when it transfers to paint.

Wish I could help you more.

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . picnik.com is a great (freee!) site . . . just use the add text feature . . . thumbs_up.gif

OMGOSH its PERFECT!!! thumbs_up.gif

"Thank you so much" it is more than I would have ever hoped for!

What an awesome site..and the format is sooooooo easy and its FREE too!!!

Oh Goody...I'm doing the Snoopy Dance over here!

Again Thanks, Mary icon_lol.gif

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:

Doesn't seem to be. You got me, I am definately NOT a paint program master. Word, Excel, Publisher ok. but not paint. I tried doing a text box in word and copying to paint but it won't let me make the box transparent when it transfers to paint.

Wish I could help you more.

Try this site dragonflydreams posted...its totally awesome and so easy to use: picnik.com

Danielle111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 15

You can do all the things you are looking to do under photoshop - the easiest (it's quite a few steps, but pretty easy) way to do it is:
1) Open a new blank document and click on the text button
2) Type your text on the document, change the font to whatever you want, make it the size you want, then rotate it using "free transform"
3) Save that document as "watermark" (you will only have to do steps 1, 2, & 3 once)
4) Use the magic wand tool to select one of the letters, then "select all" using the select dropdown menu
5) Press Ctrl and "C" at the same time to copy
6) Open the picture you want to apply the watermark to, and press Ctrl and "V" at the same time to paste it on top of your picture
7) Resize your text using "Free Transform", then hit "Enter"
icon_cool.gif Adjust the transparency using the opacity tool
9) Click on "flatten image" (I think it's under the "file" menu
10) Save your picture with it's watermark! icon_smile.gif

Hint: If you want, after you paste your phrase, you can rotate it even more if need be

Good luck, and I hope this was clear! icon_smile.gif (I don't have access to my photoshop program right now, so I'm doing this from memory...)

dragonflydreams Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 15

. . . you're welcome . . . I love that site . . . if I'm not "wasting" time here . . . I'm "wasting" time there . . . great place to play . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

the cake whole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
the cake whole Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 6:24pm
post #11 of 15

WOW! I just took a look on picnik and that site is so cool! I could definately spend hours of enjoyment there! Thanks for the info!

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:13pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . you're welcome . . . I love that site . . . if I'm not "wasting" time here . . . I'm "wasting" time there . . . great place to play . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh gosh I hear ya dragonflydreams...its an awesome new playground...I've been playing there since I downloaded it today icon_lol.gif

I cant say Thank YOU enough, but I will say it again, Thank You!

frosting111 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #13 of 15

Hey dragonflydreams...your dogwood flowers and butterflys are awesome!

I have cookie cutter of a dogwood, is that what you used?

dragonflydreams Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 9:05pm
post #14 of 15

. . . not exactly . . . although I'm sure you could make a cookie cutter work (it would just be alittle more challenging than the "set" I used) . . .

http://www.earlcraftncake.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=168&zenid=651c46ce991dae392f9081bc7c0a64a2

. . . I'm pretty sure this is the one I used (but my flowers were quite different from the ones pictured here with the set) . . .

and thanx for the compliment . . .

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 9:27pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle111

You can do all the things you are looking to do under photoshop - the easiest (it's quite a few steps, but pretty easy) way to do it is:
1) Open a new blank document and click on the text button
2) Type your text on the document, change the font to whatever you want, make it the size you want, then rotate it using "free transform"
3) Save that document as "watermark" (you will only have to do steps 1, 2, & 3 once)
4) Use the magic wand tool to select one of the letters, then "select all" using the select dropdown menu
5) Press Ctrl and "C" at the same time to copy
6) Open the picture you want to apply the watermark to, and press Ctrl and "V" at the same time to paste it on top of your picture
7) Resize your text using "Free Transform", then hit "Enter"
icon_cool.gif Adjust the transparency using the opacity tool
9) Click on "flatten image" (I think it's under the "file" menu
10) Save your picture with it's watermark! icon_smile.gif

Hint: If you want, after you paste your phrase, you can rotate it even more if need be

Good luck, and I hope this was clear! icon_smile.gif (I don't have access to my photoshop program right now, so I'm doing this from memory...)

Thanks, I have photo shop but have not had time to try it out, but I will do this since U were so kind as to list all the steps! thumbs_up.gif Thanks and have a Great Thanksgiving

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%