Help I Ran Out And Need More Like Now!

Decorating By tirby Updated 25 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm by woodthi32

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am making 3 large loopy bows for a 50th Anniversary Saturday...I colored the loops about 95% but not the tails AT ALL. I don't know where I can even order the Super Gold Luster Dust the same color that CC store use to carry.( that was what I colored it with) SOMEONE, ANYONE Do you know what brand it was and who carries it now and how to get it here FAST. I don't want to get a different bran unless I have NO choice because it needs to match at least a little.....

BUT I NEED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH PLEASE I am so freaking out right now. I need it by Friday evening at at the latest

6 replies
Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 7

Not sure if this is exactly the one they had. Maybe it will help. Having done pastel and oil paintings, along with cake......if you have no other choice, buy another brand and dust all of the bowit with that dust, and then possibly add another color close to that over top of it.

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 7

did you try to google it? That should give you a list of stores that would sell it. Also check globalsugarart.com
Jen...

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 7

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... don't know. Obviously Michael's will carry Wilton.All "super golds" I have used look so close. If you don't get a definite answer and get get to a supply store that has "super gold", I would get online but quick and order it rushed. If it is not a perfect match, you always blend some of what you get into the rest of the bow. I have been in a crunch on the VERY DAY of the wedding, and had to do that with different golds (the red cake in my pics)...and you could NOT tell. GOOD LUCK

tirby Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 7

Global sugar art is out of the bright one whoch is the one I need they have a nother one that looks a bit orange. Anyone try these???? input??? the covering of another color might help.....

tirby Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodthi32

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... don't know. Obviously Michael's will carry Wilton.All "super golds" I have used look so close. If you don't get a definite answer and get get to a supply store that has "super gold", I would get online but quick and order it rushed. If it is not a perfect match, you always blend some of what you get into the rest of the bow. I have been in a crunch on the VERY DAY of the wedding, and had to do that with different golds (the red cake in my pics)...and you could NOT tell. GOOD LUCK

Wow that is a beautiful cake. Well I think I can get the wilton stuff doun at our little decorating store. I'll just mix it up a bit like you said

woodthi32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodthi32 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 7

how'd it go??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%