whitecake1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitecake1123 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 13

Could you please post some sites that sell buttercream icing? icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:04am
post #2 of 13

A lot of people use this one and our local grocery stores and dairy queen use it. http://www.dixiesicing.com/

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

A lot of people use this one and our local grocery stores and dairy queen use it. http://www.dixiesicing.com/

I have to second this one - its a nice tasting icing, cheaper than most I've seen, and when you have a special order they make it up then versus sending you a tub that has sat around for months.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 1:25pm
post #4 of 13

Dixie is a real Sweetheart! I've taken classes from her and she can do anything in buttercream. She also sells chefmaster liqua gel colors and they are the bestcolors I have ever used. It takes very little and you can get red or black instantly, no letting it set to intensify. I've also seen her kitchen where she makes the icing and it is spotless.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 13

I second everything tiggy has said! I feel fortunate to be in the same city as Dixie, so I can run and get icing almost any time. No shipping! I use her original almond/vanilla and her chocolate icings. Yummy!

whitecake1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitecake1123 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 13

I live in Virginia, so the shipping is high. icon_eek.gif Does anyone know of a place closer?

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 13

Sams Club will sell you icing. I've never used it myself.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecake1123

I live in Virginia, so the shipping is high. icon_eek.gif Does anyone know of a place closer?

You can order her sampler pack for $15 It comes with a LOT of icing and there is no shipping thumbs_up.gif I think you can also look up where her local distributors are on her website icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 13

Just a different opinion here....
I got Dixie's sample pack and while I loved her deep red and black colors of bc, I didnt care for the taste.
Didn't care too much for the other stuff she sent as well.

I love the lighter stuff, like from Sam's club and/or Costco....yum yum.

But her sample pack is a great deal if your wanting to try it outicon_wink.gif
Yes, she is a sweetheart!!!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 4:05pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I second everything tiggy has said! I feel fortunate to be in the same city as Dixie, so I can run and get icing almost any time. No shipping! I use her original almond/vanilla and her chocolate icings. Yummy!

Do you use her cookie icing and if so what do you thing of it? Thanks for any info.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #12 of 13

I used it, it was tasty and piped well, but isn't much different than stiff BC IMO. Maybe if it really crusts you can stack them, but I prefer fondant and RI...

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 11:29am
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

Do you use her cookie icing and if so what do you thing of it? Thanks for any info.

I don't use her cookie icing, as I tend to stick with what I'm used to, and I'm used to a particular glace icing. But I love her cake icing because it isn't super sweet, doesn't leave a greasy aftertaste, and has a long shelf life. She made a name for herself with this icing when she decorated cakes, and I'm hooked on it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%