Cake Decorator Needed In The Decatur/ft.wayne Indiana Area!!

Decorating By Ironbaker Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm by klinn

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 7

Hi. At ICES over the weekend, a few of us met this young lady who was waitressing at the resort we stayed at. She is getting married next summer (august 22, 2009) back home in the Indiana area and is looking for a cake decorator. We talked to her quite a bit about her wedding because, unfortunately, she had a rude experience with one of the ICES members there. She is inviting about 150-200 guests and has a budget of $1000. Someone made the comment to her that she's looking for a "redneck wedding" and anyone who was good would not touch that - which we were dumbfounded by. Who says that? For many people's areas, that's a great profit! Around$5 to over $6 per serving depending on the servings she settles on- not everyone can get that in their neck of the woods. I know some can get more than that but it's nothing to turn your nose up at either.

Anyway, she is wanting to splurge a bit and do something nice. Since she was so helpful to us and we wanted to give her a more positive experience with the ICES group, I told her I'd post for her and ask around to see if anyone is in this area. She's open to almost anything.

So if you are interested please let me know! I have her email and she's OK with me giving it out to begin talking with people.

Thanks!!!

6 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 7

I would love to help, but unfortunately I am neither experienced with wedding cakes, nor do I consider myself up to par (I'm also not legal). But I REALLY hope you can find someone!!!

And for that many people? She's well within the right budget. My wedding was almost two years ago, but even then I only paid around $500 for enough cake to feed 300 people. If she's quoted more than $600, she should think about it first. Indiana is NOT that expensive, IMO.

Ironbaker Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you and we agreed! lol She should be able to get almost whatever she wants with that budget. If she's quoted more than $600, it's because she'll add on some bells and whistles since she can.

Ironbaker Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:32am
post #4 of 7

Where are the Indiana cakers? I know you're out there. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:43am
post #5 of 7

I'm 2 hours from Ft. Wayne. If she can't find anyone, she's welcome to call me ... but the delivery fee will probably be pretty hefty! icon_biggrin.gif

Vi at Country Kitchen in Ft. Wayne is a member of ICES and can probably help direct you to local decorators. Here is their contact page from the Country Kitchen website: http://countrykitchensa.com/customerservice/customerservice.aspx

Ironbaker Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 2:22am
post #6 of 7

Ay! I forgot about CKSA, thanks!! They were there too, completely forgot they were in that area.

klinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klinn Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

Country Kitchen SweetArt has a very friendly staff of employees who are always willing to help. I'm sure they can provide a name or two. Give them a call or even better, stop by the store. This store is awesome! It has everything you need for cake decorating and more. The phone number is 260-482-4835.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%