Legal Home Biz

Business By sugarcheryl Updated 28 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm by costumeczar

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #1 of 7

I was wondering are you allow to keep anything on your counters like your working utensils such as spatulas, spoons. Right now I have them in a plastic container. I have my mixer on counter in a corner. I'm getting things in order and I hope to have my kitchen legal before the holidays.

6 replies
acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:25am
post #2 of 7

I am in NC, but I have not read anything about where to store tools. Just not not near any chemicals for sure.

Frogprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frogprincess Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 7

Hi acookieobsession - I am looking into being a licensed home baker in NC. I received a packet from the NC dept of agriculture as far as inspecitions go, but do not understand any of it, do you have any advise on what is needed/looked for?

Frogprincess Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 7

Hi acookieobsession - I am looking into being a licensed home baker in NC. I received a packet from the NC dept of agriculture as far as inspecitions go, but do not understand any of it, do you have any advise on what is needed/looked for?

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 7

Check out this one...

http://forum.cakecentral.com/north-carolina-
kitchen-inspection-ftopicp-5981977.html#5981977And all my guy did is look in pantry (no chem, near food, house food sep from baking food)

Make sure therm in fridge and freezer.

Coated lightbulbs (lowes for reg bulbs, online for can lights)

no pets

you need city water or a well test

fEEL FREE TO pm with quest. Julia

Frogprincess Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you! That is very helpful. I may pm you later on with more questions if that is ok. All of the information is so hard to nail down b/c there are so many different websites out there!! Thanks again

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 7

I have utensils in a separate holder on my counter, and my mixers are out on my counter too. They want you to have home and business stuff separate, but they're not too hardcore about it. I keep my baking stuff in a separate drawer and that seems to be enough for VA.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%