What Is This?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 11:34am by springlakecake

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have any ideas about how this horse on top was made? I don't think it is a chocolate transfer, I'm thinking maybe a gumpaste plaque?

Thank you!
LL

10 replies
crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 11

I'd say edible image laid on fondant, cut out and dried. Its how I do all of my stand up images.

summernoelle Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks!
Do you follow the directions here on CC?

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 11

Hi I think it could also be done in chocolate. We have a cake artist here in QLD who is just magic with using melted chocolate to create images like these. instaed of using RI to do runout/flooding icing work whe uses melted coloured chocolate on assetate (clear plastic) draws the outline like with RI flood work then fill it with melted choc like you would fill with watered down RI. then when dry peel off but instead of using the raised top side as you would with normal flood icing work you use the reversed flat side -this is why you use clear assetate so you can lift up and check your work. you should check out her work her name is judy whitehead and she is just amazing!!

summernoelle Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks adatay! There is a great book out there that tells you how to do the chocolate transfers, but in this case, it didn't look like that. It seemed much more like a gumpast plaque....

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 11

no problem at all. but just so you know i wasn't alking about chocolate transfers but actual runout chocolate designs
[/img]
LL

summernoelle Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:00am
post #7 of 11

Wow, that is amazing! Beautiful cake.

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 11

I haven't read the directions here but I print out my EI, mix some tylose powder with my fondant, roll it thru my pasta machine to a #2 setting, cut around the image with an Xacto knife, dampen a paper towel, lightly brush it across the fondant and lay my EI on the fondant, cut the fondant with the xacto knife, lay on a paper plate to dry for a day or two.

After its dry, I glue a lolli stick to it with royal icing.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 11

I personally think it is a chocolate transfer. The cake is done by cakesbyashley (flickr site). If you sign up for a flickr account you could always just ask her.

summernoelle Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:10pm
post #10 of 11

Yeah, Cakesbyashley is awesome. I love all of her cakes-she is so talented.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:34am
post #11 of 11

I love her stuff too, its so cute and whimsical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%