Need Ideas - Farewell Cake

Decorating By rlviescas Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm by trichardson1229

rlviescas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlviescas Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 4

My hubby just asked me for a Farewell Cake for one of his employees whose last day is Thursday. Need help with ideas. I don't want to be girly as the cake is for a man. The employee currently works as Code Enforcement officer and his new job will be at a space exploration company. I want it to be simple, but nice, since my week is busy. Softball on Tuesday and working late for day job on Wednesday!!! So I have to have a plan by the end of work today! icon_cry.gif

I thought about maybe doing a FBCT of the City logo (where he works now). With a simple - Good Luck! written on it. But, I have never done FBCT before, is it difficult? icon_confused.gif

Any ideas out there?????? TIA!!!

3 replies
rlviescas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlviescas Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

Can anyone help me?

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 4

I've never done a BBCT before but i think there is an article on it on this website. I usually do edible images of this kind of thing, you might be able to find someone local who can print one for you if you don't have the printer to do it your self. Just an idea...

trichardson1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trichardson1229 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 4

A FBCT is easy to do. You will be amazed. Just make sure that the detail in the pic you use isn't to fine and all lines are connecting.
I think a sheet cake with the city emblem on it would be good under nether it write From here to and then off to the side write maybe they opening lines to the Star Trek show. "Space the final frontier". HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%