Cinderella's Coach

Decorating By tirby Updated 22 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm by tirby

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 12

I have been asked to make one of the beautiful Cinderella Coach cakes.
I have no idea where to start. I do think it needs to feed about 20
Any one?? I did PM a few people last week but no responce yet. (possibly on vacation) (and having CC withdrawls I'm sure)
But can anyone help??
PM e-mail what ever you have to do.
Oh then yesterday I get a request for a pair of Danner Boots and Binoculars...... OK So better get looking thoes up!

11 replies
tippyad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tippyad Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 12

I'm not so sure of all the detail, but I think you'd want to start w/ 2 bundt pans. This way the coach will have a pumpkin shape.

Are you planning to make the horses too? Or will those just be plastic figurines?

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 11:57am
post #3 of 12

Attached picture. Hope its of help. I think u can use the Wilton Ball pan to make the coach.
LL

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 12

Are the instructions for that one in a Debbie Brown book?? I think I've seen them somewhere, I just can't remember where icon_confused.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 12

I made one as part of a Fairytale Castle wedding cake set-up last year.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_810213.html

I used the sports ball pan set (3D) and followed the instructions in Debbie Brown's 'Fairytale Cakes' book, adapting to my needs. The cake with the sports ball would only serve 16 max, but you could use pyrex bowls instead to make it a bit bigger if needed. I can scan and send the instructions for you if you pm me your email address icon_smile.gif

tirby Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 12

cute! No no horses. I have found the instructions in the Debbie Brown book. Mice will be used I think. I need to find a pan. I think the Bundt pan would not be round enough. The ball pan I need to buy. Crazy I dont have one yet but I havent needed one.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:18pm
post #7 of 12

I made one once, but just a heads up.... I used to much buttercream under the fondant, and the weight of the fondant pulled the entire thing down...... it was "okay" and the lady that ordered it, really liked it, but it definately 'sagged".............. OH, and don't be afraid of the bunt pan.... it would serve more people, and certainly looks like the coach..... you need TWO cakes though..... one for the bottom and one for the top.... look at the pumpkin cake in my photos and see what you think..... GOOD LUCK !!

cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:26pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks girl's, I thought it was Debbie Brown, I've lost my mind, thank goodness you are all here to fill in the gaps! icon_rolleyes.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm
post #9 of 12

I have always wanted to make one of those cake's I even ordered the pumpkin pan from William Sonoma its perfect for a cake like that look online at their site you might can order it if you have time to wait for it

Molly2

tirby Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:27pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovibabe

I made one as part of a Fairytale Castle wedding cake set-up last year.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_810213.html

I used the sports ball pan set (3D) and followed the instructions in Debbie Brown's 'Fairytale Cakes' book, adapting to my needs. The cake with the sports ball would only serve 16 max, but you could use pyrex bowls instead to make it a bit bigger if needed. I can scan and send the instructions for you if you pm me your email address icon_smile.gif

I did get them but Thank you. I would love to get more of her books I LOVE them all. (Well with the exception of the naughty one.)
Any scans would be great I'll pm you. Can I ask what you charged? Having never made the cake I am not sure of the hours involved.
And as far as pans go isn't the sports ball pan a little round one? I thought there was like a big soccer ball pan or something. Hand on I'll go look......

I'm back
Ok the sport ball only hold 2 1/2 cups of batter The Soccer Ball Pan holds about 4 1/2 cups. so about would the Soccer ball be enough?

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:42pm
post #11 of 12

In the 2009 Wilton Yearbook they have instructions on how to make a coach cake, page 100, made with their new Large Pumpkin pan. They say the finished size of the cake is 6.75" x 6" using 10 cups of batter. HTH icon_smile.gif

tirby Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:46pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

In the 2009 Wilton Yearbook they have instructions on how to make a coach cake, page 100, made with their new Large Pumpkin pan. They say the finished size of the cake is 6.75" x 6" using 10 cups of batter. HTH icon_smile.gif

I don't have that year book...Sadly my DH thinks we are running out of room. (I wonder why icon_rolleyes.gif )
grandma_j: I love your pumpkin! and your right it does look like a coach.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%