Need Idea For Announcing Pregnancy...

Baking By bakinccc Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm by bakinccc

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #1 of 13

I have someone wanting to announce their pregnancy and due date to their families when they all get together at a beach place. She's thinking something baby/beach themed??????? Help!!!!!!! The only thing I can think to suggest to her is sailboats with "baby on the way" written on them. I don't really like that idea though...any others?

12 replies
maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:14am
post #2 of 13

Do you mean in terms of making cookies or cake to let them know? If so, I think any baby themed cookies will do. Or even get bibs and wrap them as gifts to everyone. Say maybe something with Grandma or Grandpa written on them and something unique to everyone's role.

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:37am
post #3 of 13

how about a cake made to look like a photo album/baby book? you could scatter beach toys (sand pail & shovel, etc) as well as baby items. The idea is that eventually their will be baby photos to fill the "book". We announced our 1st pregnancy to our parents by presenting them each with a baby brag book.

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:53am
post #4 of 13

You could do a simple beach themed cake as you would normally do, and have baby footprints in the sand with the due date written in the sand Just a thought

nanascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanascakes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:17am
post #5 of 13

Not beachy but how about an oven or just the front of the oven door with a window and buns cooking. Could say "done to perfection (due date)" or something like that. icon_smile.gif
Oops, sorry, I just noticed this was for cookies.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:22am
post #6 of 13

Perhaps a simple beach scene/themed sheetcake with the caption:

"Today's Forecast: Sunny with a chance of Baby 'Showers'--We're Pregnant!"

Whoops: Ditto here-- didn't realize this was a 'cookies' post. Oops!

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 6:27am
post #7 of 13

How about a boat with a sign that says "Anchors aweigh, Baby on the way!" or "Baby on board"? You could do a beach scene with the message written in the 'sand'. How about a mom and pop fish with a baby fish?

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 8:25am
post #8 of 13

If you're talking about cookies...

How about a momma duck with baby ducks. Momma fish with babies, Momma crab with babies, etc. These would be cute bagged; the teeny babies RI'd on.

A stork with a sailor hat and shirt -- you wouldn't have any problems making it cute. icon_smile.gif

Nautical flags spelling out baby.
http://www.gma.org/Tidings/snailtale/flags.html

A sailboat called the S.S. Preggers!

Beach themed cookies in pastel colors.

Boat shoes / docksiders in pink and blue.
http://littlehedgehog.co.nz/images/catalogue/tip-toey-joey-decky.jpg
http://bp2.blogger.com/_vu6J31illIg/R-mvB00YfjI/AAAAAAAAABI/Sy85r_dVJvA/s1600-h/Boat+Shoes.jpg

Baby onesie sailors suit.

Sailboat with a cloth diaper (with pins) for a sail. Baby rattle rudder!

shisharka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shisharka Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:16am
post #9 of 13

I think it needs to be subtle, without any too-obvious written statements⦠I read somewhere about someone bringing the news to her hubby by serving him dinner made of baby peas, baby carrots, baby eggplant, baby corn â you get the ideaâ¦
You have AWESOME âUnder the Seaâ cookies in your pics, maybe start off with them, and draw a little one on eachâ¦

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:14am
post #10 of 13

The babybook that micnmax had I thought was really cute. Could do it with cookies aswell just might be a bit of work. In the opening where the photo would go, you could put the due date? Let us know what you do, good luck!

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:30am
post #11 of 13

Might be more difficult, but could you do something like a female top with a beach ball peeking out from beneath? As if a woman put a beach ball under her shirt to pretend pregnancy... I love the baby sailor onsie idea icon_smile.gif

funkycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funkycupcake Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 13

how about a plate of beach themed cookies with baby themed cookies mixed in?
i like the bib idea. could make bib cookies with aunt, grandma, uncle, etc written on them.

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks to you all for the great ideas. The cake ideas are great too but I only do cookies. I went over some of the ideas with her and she'll be getting back with me this afternoon so I'll let you all know what we came up with. Thanks again!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%