Need Help W/ Wonder Mold Asap

Decorating By elisa2801 Updated 30 Jul 2008 , 8:18am by Momkiksbutt

elisa2801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elisa2801 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 8

Someone please help icon_cry.gif I need to make this cake for Sat 7/26.
This is my first time using this wonder mold pan icon_eek.gif and let me tell you it's not going well icon_cry.gif My cake is not baking in the center, Top,Sides, are over baking. I set the oven @ 350 ,cake is placed in the middle rack
as instructed(did notice the top of pan is really close to top of oven icon_confused.gif ).
So I bake a second cake @ 325 left it in longer(90min approx.) and I still have the same problem icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

7 replies
krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 8

Try moving the racks so that your pan is more in the middle of the oven. Also check the pan instructions. I cannot remember if there are any special instructions but that would be the best place to find them. Hope that helps!

elisa2801 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystyne_wilson

Try moving the racks so that your pan is more in the middle of the oven. Also check the pan instructions. I cannot remember if there are any special instructions but that would be the best place to find them. Hope that helps!

I did follow my pan instructions. I guess I can try lowering the oven rack so that the pan sits lower.I'd just hate to do another one(3rd cake) and have the same thing happen.Plus eggs aren't cheap. I'm going to wait and see if anyone might have some suggestions. If I dont hear from anyone else than I'm just going to use round pans and carve ouch.gif
Thanks for responding ,ELISA

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:32am
post #4 of 8

I've done the wonder mold cake before @ 325 degrees and it did take awhile. It was in the middle of the oven.

I've since figured out that my oven (old and gas) runs about 10-15 degrees below the temperature setting!

You'll get there! Good luck!

Karen

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:32am
post #5 of 8

I've done the wonder mold cake before @ 325 degrees and it did take awhile. It was in the middle of the oven.

I've since figured out that my oven (old and gas) runs about 10-15 degrees below the temperature setting!

You'll get there! Good luck!

Karen

allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 10:44am
post #6 of 8

Did you use the core that came with the pan? I use that, put the pan on the bottom rack, wrap a bake even stripe around the very top edge of the pan and bake @325. I have also used a flower nail in the bottom of the pan, but for me, the core that came with works fine. I think the trick is putting it on the bottom rack and using the bake even strip around the top. HTH

elisa2801 Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 7:37am
post #7 of 8

I wanted to thank you all CC members for all your great input. I will post my cake picture.It wasnt what I expected ,but for my first 3-d cake I think I did OK.
Thanks again,
Elisa

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 30 Jul 2008 , 8:18am
post #8 of 8

Sounds like you forgot the center rod....and my oven is slow, so I always have to bake that cake on 350 instead of 325. Usually it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to fully bake.

Try turning up the heat, check that the core rod it in place, and then bake it longer. I also take out the second rack and bake it on the bottom row for this pan....that may help you too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%