Frosting Suggesting For Cookie Dough Cupcake

Baking By ElectricCook Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 2:29pm by Meemawfish

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 11

I am making cookie dough cupcakes for my friend's daughter's birthday party. She is not a big fan of chocolate. The party is Saturday 7-26.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Her brother is allergic to nuts, so peanutbutter is out.

TIA

10 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 4:08am
post #2 of 11

How about cream cheese frosting? Vanilla (with extra vanilla) would be good as well.

Sorry, that's all that comes to mind.

Michele

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:30am
post #3 of 11

If you're using choc. chip cookie dough, I suggest crushing up some cookies and folding them into a vanilla buttercream...like making the oreo cookie filling/frosting but with chocolate chip cookies icon_smile.gif

mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 11

I would just do a regualr butter cream, and top with a small choc chip cookie, or crush them up and sprinkle on top. OR you could just top the buttercream with choc chips.

joeskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeskitty Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:48pm
post #5 of 11

I topped mine with chocolate butter cream and a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie (mini of course, or reg size cut in half) Kids loved them.

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:05pm
post #6 of 11

I'd go with bettercreme (with a cookie topper) if you can get it, I like the idea of a vanilla bc with bits of cookie in it, or just plain vanilla with a cookie topper if you cant get the bettercreme.

ElectricCook Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks everyone. I have been away from the computer and camp is killing me.

I don't know if I can find bettercreme but I will try. I like the idea of putting a cookie on top and in the mix.

I will let you know what I make and try to post pics. My friend's daughter is having a Guitar Hero party. I am making a Guitar Hero cake, cupcakes, cookies and cake balls.

This is my birthday gift to her. I am just getting started right now. I am addicted to this site. I am in camp all day and this is my first try at doing everything soup to nuts.

Wish me luck. By the way I am using Indydebi's frosting, WASC w/o the almond (her brother is allergic to nuts) Antonia74 icing, Cake Central's cake balls, cough dough cupcakes from this forum, Rhonda's MMF and NFSC.

Wish me good cake.

ElectricCook Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #8 of 11

Ok I did it!! Not all of it, but I did it. I ran out of time to do all that I wanted.

I even posted my pics. Yeah me, I even learned how to that. I made the cookie dough cupcakes with the chocolate buttercream even though the BDG doesn't like chocolate. The other kids loved it. The cupcakes were gone in 4 mins I made 3 doz. I also made a Guitar Hero Cake. That lasted all of 3 mins.

I want to thank everyone who helped me with their suggestions and let me lurk on the site to get my ideas.

I also took the suggestion on how to make the cakeboards look good.

Thanks again.

CC rocks.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 11:10pm
post #9 of 11

They turned out great~!

Now your have to turn on comments for your gallery pics so we can all comment on them icon_smile.gif

ElectricCook Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 11:21pm
post #10 of 11

DUH!!!

I will do that. Thanks for looking.

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 29 Jul 2008 , 2:29pm
post #11 of 11

I left a comment. I thought they looked great. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%