Sharing My Bad Experience Ordering Chef Jackets

Decorating By kurn Updated 19 Jul 2008 , 5:51am by CoutureCake

kurn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurn Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:06am
post #1 of 6

I recently ordered pink chef jackets from http://www.shopuniformwarehouse.com/. I just wanted to warn anyone that is considering ordering from them to be carefull. The sizing is way off. I usually wear a 2x or 3x occasionally. The 3x are usually large and loose fitting and I buy them for comfort. I never have had a 3x fit too small until I ordered from them. It is not even close to fitting. Not tight, wont even meet in the middle. I'm not denying my I'm a chunky monkey but this is really bad. I made the mistake of having them embroidered and now they are not returnable. I emailed them twice to let them know how bad the sizing is and to see if they would help me out. I spent over $80.00. Their suggestion is to order the jacket, try it on and mail it back to embroider. icon_confused.gif I don't have that kind of time to waste.

If you do order from them...don't embroider or you can't return!!! icon_mad.gif

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 6

I know you'd be throwing good money after bad, but maybe you could try having them altered. It might be possible for a good seamstress to match the color, or if not then she could add a panel on each side in a color that compliments the embroidery...that might actually be the better choice because even if the color matched the original perfectly it might fade differently when washed.

I have that problem with sizing sometimes...especially if there's not different sizes for men and women...it's like there's too much shoulder room, no space for boobs, and then the hips are tight too. I think some of my problem is my lack of height. I've learned to sew so that I can make things fit when they have to.

kurn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kurn Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

I was just thinking back to where I said "I don't have that kind of time to waste". That's only because I spend so much time on CC! icon_lol.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:36am
post #4 of 6

...well this is good to know....I've been looking at them on-line, wanting to get one, just don't know which style I want yeticon_wink.gif
Thanks for the info.

paddlegirl14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paddlegirl14 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:53am
post #5 of 6

That is so annoying!! I run into this at my day job. I am an embroiderer, runing 2 commercial machines. Chef jackets are usually easy to alter. I have done it. We are a distributor for Chef Wear brand. I have had very good luck with them being pretty true to sizes. Chef Works are good and true to size, too. We use both. I have not had experience with other brands. icon_smile.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 5:51am
post #6 of 6

One thought might put in a side panel that is the contrasting color that you had the embroidery work done in rather than attempting to color & fabric match ... JUST before ordering my chef's jackets I checked the sizing chart for that particular brand only to find it'd never fit me.

I just wish there was a chef's jacket made for larger women with boobs & hips!! The experience I've had so far is... In order to fit the boobs the shoulder seam comes to my boob line on the side, and the hips are JUST a smidgen tight at that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%