CupcakePrincess986 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakePrincess986 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 3

Help!! How do i make edible doll figures? icon_cry.gif

2 replies
tree45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tree45 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 4:26am
post #2 of 3

You have to be a bit more specific. Fondant or MMF with a 50/50 mix of gumpaste or a bit of tyrose powder will make sure it drys hard. It's kinda like play doh, from there make your figure! I practice on Play doh! Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, I make my figures with modeling paste. You can add 1/2 a teaspoon of CMC powder/ tylose powder to 250g of fondant. Or like tree45 has mentioned, 50/50 fondant and gumpaste. I bought lot of aine2's tutorials. That is how I learnt to do them. But aine2 has a free tutorial on how to make a face on her blog. Here is the link,

http://www.lorraine-icingonthecake.co.uk/masterclass/face-howto.htm

To make the body, for an example, if you are making the figure in a sitting position, you need to insert a dried speghetti through to make it stable and don't break the speghetti from the neck, keep a little so you would be able to attach the head. Also use a sponge or something for the back to support. When you attach the head make sure the body part is dried properly. And before you add the hair the head should be dried well too. I use my sugar gun to make the hair and sometimes I use Royal Icing for the male figures hair. To attach the arms, shoes and head, I use edible glue.

Hope this would give you some idea how to do them.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%