Need Ideas For Class! Please Help

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 6:35am by EnjoyTheCake

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 6

I started my Wilton class a few weeks ago and I should be making the clown cake this tuesday...

So.....I kind of like the cute lil clowns, but I dont want to copy it exactly....I love the drop flowers as well.

Should I incorporate the two into one cake?? Should I just do one idea?? Should I forget about the clowns and do something different???

I want to be outside the box but I don't have any ideas at all..

Please help!! icon_biggrin.gif
TIA!!!

5 replies
SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 6

Anybody out there???? icon_sad.gif

mom2leelee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2leelee Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #3 of 6

I'm taking the same class you are and we are doing clowns next week also. We have to take a iced cake to class and do the clowns in class...I don't think we have much wiggle room on this one.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:16am
post #4 of 6

Make a fruit cake using the piping techniques taught in the class. Or make faces of your fellow students using the piping techniques already taught. The real goal is to use some technique you have either already learned in class or will be learning that session. If your instructor gets fussy about it, then maybe she isn't as creative as you are. =) Good Luck.

JenInAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenInAZ Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:19am
post #5 of 6

I saw a youtube video of a girl who did monkeys instead of clowns. Turned out really awesome....

I'm doing the rainbow cake on Monday for my class. I decided to spice it up by using neon colors... I wanna be original, too! icon_biggrin.gif

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:35am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInAZ

I saw a youtube video of a girl who did monkeys instead of clowns. Turned out really awesome....

I saw this too, but she also said her monkey heads looked like poo! You might also consider using cupcake picks of maybe zoo animals or whatever other faces you can find if you don't want to make your own head. Or you can do clowns and not worry about it. I did a cake top with clowns the other day just because I had cake top and my husband said he didn't get to eat my Wilton clown cupcake I had done before.

Here is my scary cupcake and also the cake top I did more recently.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%