Why Do My Cupcakes Fall????

Baking By SweetResults Updated 21 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm by lotsofsprinkles

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 7

I've tried baking longer, shorter, and they look so nice and round when I take them out of the oven - then they COLLAPSE/DEFLATE/FALL!

I use box mix with a box of pudding, 4 eggs and the oil and water it says on the box, sometimes substituting flavored creamer for part of the water.

Tried all different baking times. Please help me icon_cry.gif

6 replies
pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 7

have your read thru the thread of seriously discussing cupcakes, granted it almost four hundred pages long, but well worth it. In the first few pages that is discuessed.

I too had that problem a few times, but just this past weekend i made four dozen and they were the most beautiful i have had. I too use the box mix/pudding method, but this time i mixed very low on my KA for thirty seconds and then up to 2 for just two minutes. I left some lumps in to disolve while baking.

Preheat the oven to 400 and then drop to 350 and bake normal to box. I left them in the oven for 21 minutes.

I am sure others will respond, but it really worked for me. HTH and let us know

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks - I'll try it!!

pinkbeesugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbeesugar Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 7

i just re read my post, and aside from the horrible misspellings, I am not sure I made my baking temperature clear. Preheat to 400 and then drop to 350 as soon as you place the cuppies in the oven. If you are baking multiple batches, crank it back up to 400 in between. sorry if I was confusing icon_redface.gif

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 7

It seems there are many of us who are experiencing the same problem of the deflating vanilla cupcakes.
I wonder if it's the brand of cake mix that makes a difference...I always use Betty Crocker..which brand do you use?

lizamlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizamlin Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 11:08pm
post #6 of 7

<---------T O T A L L Y new to this, but could weather (humidity) have anyhting to do with this? Here in Milwaukee it's been hotter and wetter than evah and my baked goods have been inconsistent...

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 7

i find that deflation happens when i put the cupcakes into an oven that is too hot or if i overbeat the batter... also, try not to open the oven door lots. i did that once with my batch of cupcakes becuase i was being impatiant and they came out deflated icon_sad.gif hope that helps...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%