The View's Shrill Little Co-Host Bugs Me...

Lounge By costumeczar Updated 29 Jul 2008 , 3:51am by rushing

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 31

I swear, if someone would tell Elizabeth on the View that shrieking over people with a shrill tone isn't the best way of trying to get her point across, I would pay them. I have it on while I'm working, and the other co-hosts keep telling her to stop and let them finish their thoughts, but she just interrupts and shrieks over them, then gets all huffy and pouts. It was soooo nice and quiet when she was on maternity leave...I think there's something about the pitch of her voice that gets me. Even when the other ones are all talking at the same time it doesn't bother me, but add her voice to the mix and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

30 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 31

Amen!

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 31

That's funny. Seems to me the producers of the View like shrieking co-hosts with irritating accents who don't care if they offend their audience.

It's Joy Behar who irritates the heck out of me. She's extremely rude, her jokes are offensive, and her voice... well, let's just say even after Rosie left, I still won't watch it.

To each his (or her) own.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 31

I don't mind anyones voices, or views .. but what REALLY works my nerve is how the top of Barbara Walters face DOES NOT MOVE ... its almost like shes had one thousand injections of botox or something ... I mentioned it to my mom before and she didn't seem to know what I was talking about .. said she never noticed it before ... but its almost to the point where if she is on the show that day I have to turn the channel cause it freaks me out! icon_eek.gif

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:59am
post #5 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLen

It's Joy Behar who irritates the heck out of me. She's extremely rude, her jokes are offensive, and her voice...

I agree! She always says they don't win an Emmy because there will always be one of them the "committee" or whoever don't like. It's her!!!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 31

I kind of like Elizabeth. She has morals (somewhat) and is not afraid to express them. But, I agree, Joy is the one that irritates me.

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 31

So funny how people see the same show and have different opinions!! icon_lol.gif

I always feel Elizabeth gets to say the LEAST....she can't get a word in edge-wise!! LOL

Joy drives me bonkers and when they all get going....forget it! It's just plain old noise! It stresses me out to watch anymore...so I don't! icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:08am
post #8 of 31

I actually like Joy! icon_razz.gif I still want to wrap duct tape around Elizabeth's mouth, though, just so that I don't have to listen to her scream. Maybe it's a difference in age, too...I would hazard a guess that I'm closer to the older hosts' ages than to hers, and Elizabeth seems like she needs to have some life experience to knock her on her butt a few times before she sees that not everyone should think the way that she does. Not that I disagree with everything that she says, but it usually comes off as very self-righteous, and it's the attitude behind it that gets me. Oh, to be young and know everything again! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 12:43am
post #9 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Oh, to be young and know everything again! icon_lol.gif

Hey!! I remember those days! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:21am
post #10 of 31

They were nice, weren't they... icon_wink.gif Then life gives you a reality check and you figure out that maybe it isn't so clear. Oh, well, that's why they invented chocolate. When I'm having one of those "you do your best, life does the rest" moments a Godiva truffle always helps.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 1:30am
post #11 of 31

I can't even watch that show any more. When Rosie was on there it got annoying, and now it's intolerable. The whole group bugs me.

costumeczar Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:25am
post #12 of 31

The shows that I can't stand are the "infotainment" shows like the early morning so-called news shows (Good Morning America, etc.) They all seem to be obsessed with weight-loss one minute, then the next segment will be a cooking segment. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS! Do you want us to be fat or skinny? I'll still take the chocolate...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 2:33am
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

The shows that I can't stand are the "infotainment" shows like the early morning so-called news shows (Good Morning America, etc.) They all seem to be obsessed with weight-loss one minute, then the next segment will be a cooking segment. MAKE UP YOUR MINDS! Do you want us to be fat or skinny? I'll still take the chocolate...

SO AGREE! More than once I've asked, "Why is this considered 'news'?" icon_confused.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:28am
post #14 of 31

i knew who you were talking about when you posted!! i wish for her the same thing i wish for keanu reeves -couldn't you just sit there and look pretty but don't talk?!

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:48am
post #15 of 31

I used to love the View up until Meredith left. Don't know why but I just couldn't watch it after that. I found her to be so real compared to the others. I don't mind any of the other ladies but I just think the conversations took a downhill turn after the original cast broke down.

michellenj Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 1:17pm
post #16 of 31

Remember Debbie Matenopoulos? I wonder what ever happened to her...

Speaking of weight loss and cooking, Rachael Ray had Katherine McPhee on, talking about her struggles with bulimia, then made her cook during a cooking segment. icon_confused.gif She did the same thing with Valerie Bertinelli. icon_confused.gif I think Rachael Ray likes to torture people. icon_lol.gif

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:20pm
post #17 of 31

I seen Debbie hosting on TV guide network and I think on E! She was super annoyng on The View, but she's not so bad on these other networks. I liked Rosie on The View. That's the only time I actually enjoyed watching it. Maybe because I'm liberal, but she was entertaining. I liked when she had her own talk show too. There I said it "I like Rosie!"

costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #18 of 31

Ooooh, Sarah..You're going to get it now! icon_lol.gif I like Rosie, too. She shook it up a little (a lot?) But after seeing Whoopi Goldberg on the show for a while I really like her. I never gave it much thought before, but I like her with this panel becasue she can control them and doesn't try to rile them up. I think she's a good fit like Meredith Viera was.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #19 of 31

It's too calm for me now, I liked the controversy. I try to keep my own life somewhat sane and drama free, so it was fun to watch the cat fights on t.v. (without the whole "who's my babies daddy?" on other talk shows). I know I'm going to hear about the whole Rosie thing, but at least I admit my guilty pleasure icon_smile.gif .

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 7:18pm
post #20 of 31

i'm with you, i liked rosie too. she did go overboard sometimes but you can't agree with everything anyone says so it didn't bother me. i do love whoopie on there.

you know, the interrupting thing, that's why i can barely watch martha stewart any more. i record it if there's going to be some good crafty thing on i want to see but she drives me crazy cutting guests off.

michellenj Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 7:16pm
post #21 of 31

There is an article on Foxnews.com about Sherri Shepard today. She told a magazine reporter that she has "had more abortions than she'd like to count". Also, that her ex-husband cheated on her and got another woman pg. That is rough.

costumeczar Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #22 of 31

Ouch, she's going to get slammed for that. I knew about her ex-husband, but not about the abortions. Why did she feel compelled to tell anybody about that, it's nobody's business. I think that she's finding out the hard way about how you have to keep your mouth shut in show business. People are way too nosy and they'll take anything they can and mess with you. Now they're going to be all over her and I'll bet nobody will ask her once about the circumstances that made her feel like she had to make that decision.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:01pm
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

There is an article on Foxnews.com about Sherri Shepard today. She told a magazine reporter that she has "had more abortions than she'd like to count". Also, that her ex-husband cheated on her and got another woman pg. That is rough.

Just the other day on the show, she said she and her ex-husband spent thousands of dollars to get pregnant with her son. They were discussing debt and she said they put all the fertility treatments on a credit card.

Sherry is probally my favorite out of the whole bunch. I think the other ladies gang up on Elizabeth, but she sometimes gets on my nerves too. But Joy is the one who really gets to me! I like Whoppi (sp?), but she is a little controlling. And Barbara, oh my goodness, she gets on my nerves. I like her much better on 20/20.

michellenj Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 10:14pm
post #24 of 31

I wasn't judging her on the abortions, BTW, it just really surprised me that she would divulge something so personal and sensitive, and with the potential to damage her. I mean, from now until the end of her career, she'll have it out there that she had multiple abortions.

costumeczar Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 11:26pm
post #25 of 31

I'm not judging her for it, either...I kind of feel sorry for her because she doesn't seem to "get it" that people are going to tear apart anything that she says. She doesn't seem to understand that now that she's on a national tv show people see her as fair game.

I went and read the little article and I can see that in the context of what she was saying, she might not have thought it would come back to bite her. You're right that it's going to be the only thing people say about her from now on, though.

And now this is me, not discussing politics or religion! tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:12am
post #26 of 31

I agree, it's a shame that people are going to remember this for a long time. She does seem like a neighbour you'd have more than a celebrity and I think that is her appeal (to me anyway) and I agree with sarah, I liked the controversy when the show first started. It's too tame now.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 3:27am
post #27 of 31

was that Sherri I saw on a "Raymond" rerun today?

So, being in NYC, I got tickets to the view once...a long time ago. It was when Meredith was still on, Starr was still heavy, and BW happened to be on that day as well....Joy was the fourth.

The guest was Heather Locklear....what a gorgeous woman in person. I sat next to the producer guy...I had the best seat in the house...literally a couple of feet away from the ladies.

So, BW seems very frail and walks very carefully and slowly....she's tiny, BTW. Meredith seemed very cold, and her remarks sometimes feel inappropriate....I still feel this way about the things she comes up with sometimes on the Today show.

Starr's smile faded when the camera turned off.

It's funny how most of you don't care for Joy, but she was the ONLY one in the group to even acknowledge the audience during commercial breaks....and her smiles seemed genuine, with eye contact.

Just an FYI....I don't really watch anymore....Sherry needs a history lesson...Whoopi's good but I don't think this is the right atmosphere for her. I loved Rosie....especially when she was fighting with Donald...what a pisser.

anyway...I'd go to another taping anytime!

maryak Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:21am
post #28 of 31

Wow that's not what I woud have thought of Meredith and Star. I actually like Joy, she can be very straight forward but she's genuine.

costumeczar Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 4:28pm
post #29 of 31

Sherri used to play Ray's brother's police partner on Raymond...

I'd totally believe that the ladies are different on and off camera. Of those three, Joy does seem like she'd be the most consistently the same, Star would definitely be the one who I'd think was the phoniest, and Meredith seems like she'd be all business, since she always had a lot going on. I always wondered when she had time to go home, she was always talking about doing so many projects.

My mother was in the Miss Alabama pageant when she was a teenager, and she said that the one thing that struck her was watching the current Miss Alabama before and after she went onstage. She said that the girl was standing there waiting to go on, with a bored look on her face, then as soon as the lights went on and she walked out on stage she plastered a phony smile on. There's no way that you can maintain that kind of "on" personality all the time. I have enough trouble being pleasant during tasting appointments! After all that small talk and pleasant chatsy I'm exhausted by the end of the day. icon_lol.gif

If I had to choose a couple of them to hang out with now, it would be Whoopi and Joy. They're right about why they'll never win the daytime Emmy, there's always going to be one who the judges don't like, so they'll vote against them on the basis of that one person!

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 4:11am
post #30 of 31

Joy and Whoopi are the best on the show. They are both real and "get it". Sherri and Elizabeth remind me of friends you take shopping with you for cute stuff, but you do not engage in intelligent conversations with. Barbara is a buzz kill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%