Any Suggestions?

Decorating By Confectionary2 Updated 17 Jul 2008 , 11:31am by poshcakedesigns

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:55am
post #1 of 5

I need help with decorating this cake icon_sad.gif Two 12x18 stacked with a heart shaped cake on top. It is for a little girl turning 13. They have left the rest up to me......now I just don't know what to do !!!!
Thanks for any suggestions!

4 replies
Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:09am
post #2 of 5

Does she have any special favorites, interests? If so, use those. I'd suggest bright, light colors - sherbet colors maybe.

Have fun and be sure to show off to us when done!!!

Peeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeg Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:24am
post #3 of 5

I love the pink polka dots with the black trims. Almost like a package. I have one in my photos. Feel free to take a peek.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:28am
post #4 of 5

The only interest I know of is "hearts".

Funny that the first two suggestions are two of what I have been considering icon_smile.gif GMTA!
How do you get the icing truely black? I know to start with chocolate and use black coloring....but yours looks very black. Thanks again!

poshcakedesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poshcakedesigns Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 11:31am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confectionary2

The only interest I know of is "hearts".

Funny that the first two suggestions are two of what I have been considering icon_smile.gif GMTA!
How do you get the icing truely black? I know to start with chocolate and use black coloring....but yours looks very black. Thanks again!

If your using buttercream the icing gets darker as the days go on. I'd make it a day or two before you need it. You will be surprised at how it will darken up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%