Do You Get Supplies Online Or Cake Supply Store - Canada

Decorating By margaretb Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 10:15pm by antonia74

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:31am
post #1 of 2

I've seen a lot of interesting things for sale online, but I'm wondering if they are available in Canada. E.g. butevan. Are there cake supply stores open to the general public -- specifically in Edmonton. I get wilton supplies through Michael's, but I'm also interested in trying some fillings or possibly purchasing fondant. I would also like to get my hands on a leaf veiner (I got the gumpaste flower book and set by Wilton, but it only had the leaf impression thing for the back of the leaf and not the front). I'll have my three little ones with me when I head to the city, so I don't want to have to wander through 10 stores looking for cake supplies.

Thanks.

1 reply
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 2

You might get some luck on the Canadian version of this website:

www.cakescanada.com

Not sure about suppliers in the Edmonton area, but these 4 are located near Toronto and have online ordering/shipping:

www.goldaskitchen.com (my favourite, SUCH good customer service!)
www.creativecutters.com (excellent selection of products)
www.petradecor.com (has Americolor! amazing gumpaste flowers)
www.mccalls.ca ( icon_razz.gif , bleh...but still useful for some things)

icon_smile.gif

Here are a few I just Googled in the Edmonton area. It can't hurt to ask about their availability for retail bakers. If not, do you have a Bulk Barn in your area? They sell a LOT of great supplies, heavy on the Wilton brand too.

http://nicholsonequipment.com/cake_decorating_supplies/index.html

http://www.sweetcreationslethbridge.com/michelle.html

CakeWalk Cake Decorating and Supplies
A proud Canadian distributor of Wilton cake decorating supplies, including character cake pans, icing colours, decorating tips, bakeware, tool caddies, and many more supplies.
Address: 12918-117 St. Edmonton AB Canada T5E 5J7
1 780 455-2608

Anyway, hope that helps! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%