Hens Night Party

Decorating By judcreations Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 11:22am by kakeladi

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 5:33am
post #1 of 8

Have got a query for a funky theme for a hens night party. can someone please let me know what this is a I dont have the vaguest idea of this kind of party & what would be like a funky theme. Please help as cake is needed next week.

Thanks.

7 replies
Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 7:14am
post #2 of 8

Is it not a bachelorette party?

judcreations Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:14am
post #3 of 8

guessing its somthing of that sort but not sure. Am waiting for customer to get back. in the meantime whatever info or ideas will be appreciated. Actually 11 views to the topic but only one response. Am wondering why?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:43am
post #4 of 8

A Hen's night is what we Brits call your bachelorette party (and probably Aussies too!). For future reference bachelor parties are called Stag nights. As for a theme, didn't the customer give you some kind of guidance?!

judcreations Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 8:56am
post #5 of 8

THanks for the info. I was thinking it has to be something similar but was not sure. No the customer has not given any theme, just said wants a funky theme, n I am totally blank.

cosmicbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cosmicbear Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 10:35am
post #6 of 8

a hen night is a bachelorette party, same thing. it should be wild(er) as compared to a traditional bridal shower. it also doesn't have to be held in 1 venue (someone's home or hotel room). the bride's entourage can bring her around town, making her do outrageous dares and other things one shouldn't do anymore after being married. (right.)

people have different takes on what funky is. that's quite vague a description for the request. it could simply mean funky bright color combinations or girly items like shoes and purses or lingerie or downright debauchery which would mean a very naughty carved cake. ask your customer these guide questions because maybe they also don't know what they want yet.

judcreations Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 5:49am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the information.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 11:22am
post #8 of 8

My 1st thought for a cake is a 3-d chicken! icon_smile.gif
There is really cute, small idea in an old Wilton book - the Encyclopedia Vol. 3 (I think!).
It's made from a sm cupcake and a ball cake. It would probably serve something like 10-12.
I can 'see' the pic in my head........it's golden yellow w/red trim. Something like tip 80 is used for 'feathers' covering it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%